I love supporting products that make a difference and, for that reason, I love the idea behind Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate. I recently learned that this year, when consumers choose any of Green & Black’s Organic premium, organic chocolate Easter Eggs they will be helping to improve the lives of farmers and their families living a world away. Just in time for this Easter, the entire collection of Green & Blacks Organic Easter Eggs has been Fair Trade Certified. “We are passionate about making the best tasting organic chocolate possible, contributing to positive change and improving the lives of others,” says Emma Crabtree, International Development Manager for Green & Black’s.
Fair Trade has one of the leading product certification and labeling systems in the world. Green & Blacks Organic is recognized as the first company to ever launch a Fair Trade chocolate product, with its Maya Gold Chocolate Bar. Fair Trade principles are simple: farmers are paid a fair and guaranteed price for their crop, plus an additional social premium that is invested back into their communities. The farmers choose where the premium is invested and the entire process is managed and audited by Fairtrade Labelling Organizations (FLO) International and its member organizations, including TransFair Canada. All Green & Black’s Organic chocolate bars and Easter Egg Collection bear the Fair Trade mark, letting consumers know that the sourcing of the product meets rigorous standards.
How cool is that??
Green & Black’s has launched their own Eggcellent Easter Collection. They are offer a range of Easter products that are made with ethically sourced ingredients. Their Easter line includes:
* Green & Black’s Dark Chocolate Egg (110g egg) with an intense flavor of 70% dark organic chocolate or a Milk Chocolate Egg, which is a 110g shell of cocoa rich milk chocolate containing 37% cocoa solids.
*Green & Black’s Organic Mini Eggs (which are perfect both for hiding or personal enjoyment) include 3 different varieties - Milk Chocolate Mini Eggs which are made of 34% cocoa rich solids of milk chocolate and have a smooth milk chocolate soft centre; Dark Chocolate Mini Eggs have a bittersweet 70% dark chocolate shell and a smooth hazelnut and milk chocolate centre and Butterscotch Mini Eggs created from milk chocolate blended with crisp, crunchy toffee.
Chocolate is a hit with my family at any time of year (translation: I live with a bunch of chocoholics!) but they are also a particular bunch! While they are happy to have me share just about any type of chocolate, they also have high standards and are quick to tell me if they don’t like it!
We tried two different types of Green and Black’s Easter products – the Milk Chocolate Egg and the Milk Chocolate Mini Eggs. I found that I enjoyed the flavour of both types of chocolate, though I enjoyed the Mini Eggs the most (I really like the soft and silky milk chocolate centre). The texture and richness of this chocolate was enjoyed by all! I’d really like to try the Butterscotch Mini Eggs and I think I’m going to have to buy some for myself (if everyone else is lucky, I might just share them!).
Green & Black’s Organic Easter Eggs are available at select Shopper’s Drug Mart locations, Whole Foods, London Drugs and natural health food stores across Canada. The suggested retail price for Green & Black’s 110g Eggs are $8.99 – $9.99, while the suggested retail price for Green & Black’s Mini Eggs is $6.49 – $7.49.
Giveaway: One reader at My Little Review Corner from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win an Easter chocolate prize pack from Green & Black’s!
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
To enter the giveaway, visit Green and Black’s and tell me one thing you learned about Green & Black’s products (1 entry)
- tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): CANADIANS! #Win a Green&Black’s #Easter prize pack @ReviewCorner @greenandblacks http://su.pr/172ccC ends 04/29 #giveaway
- Tell me who you’d share your Green & Black’s Organic chocolate Easter prize pack if you win (1 entry) (please include the date you have entered in your post)
- ”like” Green & Black’s Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- Follow Green & Black’s on Twitter @greenandblacks – (1 entry)
- follow me on StumbleUpon-include your user name (1 entry)
- follow Kidsumers on StumbleUpon- include your user name (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to Kidsumers RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to Kidsumers via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- Follow My Little Review Corner on Twitter @ReviewCorner – (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- Follow Kidsumers on Twitter @kidsumers – (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- ”like” Kidsumer’s Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- put my button from my sidebar on your blog –include your website address (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- blog about the giveaway – leave a link to your post (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- Visit Kidsumers for a chance to win another prize from Green & Black’s. Let me know you entered from her blog for one extra entry here!
Kidsumers is also hosting a giveaway to win another prize from Green & Black’s !
*Contest closes at 10:00 pm EST on Friday, April 29th, 2011. Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*
Winner will be contacted with the email left in the post and will have 2 days to respond. The winner be posted on this site.
*I received no monetary compensation for this post. I received a sample of this product to review and evaluate. This post is based on my opinions and was not influenced in any way. The prize is being provided directly by the sponsor.*