Canadian artisans are some of the most amazing in the world and I am sad to see that sometimes we miss the beauty in our own backyards! I had the pleasure of connecting with Eileen Miller, who is the creative force behind Créations Elin. As I learned on her website, Eileen is a seasoned artist as she has been painting for over 30 yrs. Before painting children’s room decor, she spent many years working in the area of fine arts and has participated in several group exhibitions. Now in this different expression of painting and creating through Créations Elin, she continues to bring with her these whimsical, unique, and eye pleasing creations.
I have mentioned before, the seven-year-old in my life is a very feminine young lady and, as such, she is drawn to beautiful items that shine, sparkle, display beauty and especially things that have been personalized for her! Because Créations Elin offers one of a kind hand painted items and can be personalized in terms of colour and names or initials, it certainly ticks all the boxes in my little girl’s world!
I received a hand-painted frame with my little girl’s initial on it. The frame is a solid wood frame with a satin ribbon to hang on the wall with a glitter letter. I was able to choose either a silver glitter letter, a white glitter letter, a navy glitter letter or a pink glitter letter on any colour frame. I decided to choose a letter “M” for my little girl and I chose a pink glitter letter on a cream-coloured frame.
When it arrived, I was impressed by the quality of the frame. I like the fact that the frame is wooden and then painted with acrylic paint and sealed with a water-based acrylic sealer because I think it will make the frame more durable. I also appreciate the fact that the glass is childproof and it is made to either sit on a surface or to be hung on a wall. I loved all of the detail and the obvious care that went into the making of this frame! The only thing I wish was that there was a little less glitter – I’ve had to vacuum up the excess glitter from the frame (though, if you ask my girl, the more glitter the better!).
My little girl loves the frame! She likes all of the glitter and the fact it has been personalized with her initial. She is still trying to decide which picture she wants to put in the frame but she has told me multiple times how much she is looking forward to putting it up in her bedroom!
Giveaway: One US or Canadian reader (excluding Quebec) from My
Little Review Corner or Kidsumers will win a personalized initial frame in your choice of colours like the one I reviewed!
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Tell whose initial you’d have put on this frame if you are the winner! (1 entry)
- tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): #Win a personalized frame for your special child! @ReviewCorner US&Canada http://su.pr/45Jehw ends 05/06 #giveaway #Easter #giftguide
- Visit Créations Elin and tell me the name of another item that caught your eye (please include the date you have entered in your post).
- Follow Créations Elin on Twitter @creationselin – (1 entry)
- ”like” Créations Elin’s Facebook page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- sign up for Créations Elin’s mailing list- include the email you used to subscribe (1 entry)
- follow me on StumbleUpon-include your user name (1 entry)
- follow Kidsumers on StumbleUpon- include your user name (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to Kidsumers RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to Kidsumers via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- Follow My Little Review Corner on Twitter @ReviewCorner – (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- Follow Kidsumers on Twitter @kidsumers – (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- ”like” Kidsumer’s Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- put my button from my sidebar on your blog –include your website address (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- blog about the giveaway – leave a link to your post (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- Visit Kidsumers for more entries. Let me know you entered from her blog for one extra entry here!
Kidsumers is also hosting this giveaway so you can enter there for more chances to win!
*Contest closes at 10:00 pm EST on Friday, May 6th, 2011. Open to residents of US & Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*
The winner (one winner) will be randomly drawn from the entries placed here and on the Kidsumers website. The winner will be contacted with the email left in the post and will have 2 days to respond. The winner be posted on this site.
*I received no compensation for this post. I received a sample of this product to review and evaluate. This post is based on my opinions and was not influenced in any way. The prize is being provided directly by the sponsor.*