While my husband often enjoys participating as the unofficial “assistant reviewer”, he rarely gets excited when I mention items that will be coming for our family to review. That changed a few weeks ago when I mentioned that I would be reviewing Magnum Ice Cream bars. I discovered that he has been a fan of Magnum ice cream bars for years (you learn something new every day!). My husband has a real sweet tooth and I discovered that he had eaten Magnum bars when he travelled to Europe (I found out, after he told me that, that Magnum is available in 40 other countries!) and he absolutely loved them!
He couldn’t wait to try the Magnum bars in Canada to see if would enjoy them as much as he did years ago when he had them in Europe. He kept telling me that he really hoped the white chocolate variety would be available in Canada and was pleased when I told him that they would!
Magnum bars come in a variety of flavours (including the coveted-by-my-husband White Chocolate variety). These flavours include:
- Magnum White: Pure, perfect pleasure. This dreamy combination features silky vanilla bean ice cream covered in a thick layer of Belgian white chocolate. Never before has something so seemingly pure tasted as sinful as Magnum White.
- Magnum Classic: This is the original pinnacle of pleasure that started it all – a delectable bar offering a silky vanilla bean ice cream covered in a thick layer of Belgian milk chocolate. The quality ingredients melt in your mouth to create a luxurious experience like no other.
- Magnum Almond: You’ll go nuts for this one! Almond lovers can treat themselves to silky vanilla bean ice cream covered in a thick layer of Belgian milk chocolate with crunchy toasted almonds. The nuts are abundant in Magnum Almond and the crunch is divine.
- Magnum Dark: Come to the dark side of luxury. With Magnum Dark, silky vanilla bean ice cream is covered in a thick layer of 60% Cocoa Belgian dark chocolate. Magnum Dark is the ideal indulgence for dark chocolate lovers the world over.
- Magnum Double Chocolate: Chocoholics rejoice! You can now enjoy the ultimate indulgence as Magnum presents creamy chocolate ice cream covered in a chocolatey coating, molten chocolate sauce and a final layer of thick crackling Belgian chocolate. Magnum Double Chocolate is like a gourmet dessert on a stick.
- Magnum Double Caramel: This is pure decadence. Silky vanilla bean ice cream is enrobed in a rich chocolatey coating, luscious caramel sauce and thick Belgian chocolate. Magnum Double Caramel is supreme indulgence; it’s supreme pleasure.
After much deliberating (honestly, he wanted to bring home about 4 varieties!), he finally decided to try the Magnum White bars. He devoured two of the three bars in the box quickly and, if I hadn’t intervened, I probably wouldn’t have had the chance to try one myself! I loved the white chocolate coating – it was thick and rich and was obviously high quality! The vanilla ice cream had vanilla bean pieces in it and it was smooth and creamy. My husband announced that these bars were a winner in his eyes and he was planning a trip back to the store to try some of the other varieties! While I enjoyed them as well, I think they would be more of a decadent treat every once in a blue moon – I found a single bar very filling and, with 21 grams of fat per bar, I couldn’t eat them every day (much as I would like to)!