Now that the beauty of summer weather has finally started to appear in full force, bbqing has become a favourite mealtime option! I grew up in a family that loved to bbq – some of my favourite memories are of my dad firing up the barbeque and making all kinds of weird and wonderful things for us!
In preparation for the sunny days of summer and the great bbqs taking place across the country, Sobey has a line of burgers that includes a variety of tastes with something for everyone! There are a tremendous number of options including: 100% Beef, Sirloin, Angus and Prime Rib. There are other speciality burgers such as Cheddar&Bacon, BBQ Sirloin, Peppercorn & Garlic or Three Cheese. There is even a new Korean-Style burger that includes tastes of garlic, soya sauce, sesame oil and apples! And, if you are looking for something a bit lighter, you can also get Compliments Balance burgers, including Wild Pacific Salmon Burgers and Extra Lean Chicken Burgers.
With so many options, it was difficult to decide what type of burgers we wanted to try! Originally I was leaning towards the Cheddar & Bacon burgers until we saw the Angus Beef Sliders! I love Angus beef and I adore sliders – I think they are really fun burgers because of their size and they are also the perfect size for every member of the family because one slider is the perfect size for kids!
To accompany the Angus Beef Sliders we also got some Mini Slider Buns, some great produce and Compliments Cheese Slices. I discovered that these burgers, along with some spices and other condiments, made for an excellent flavour combination!
As luck would have it, when we started to bbq, the skies opened up and we found ourselves bbqing in the rain! The Angus Beef Sliders, thankfully, were no worse for wear!
Despite the fact we ended up a bit wet, the result about the Angus Beef Sliders was unanimous – everyone thought they were great! I found the buns to be soft and moist and the Angus Beef Sliders had great texture and flavour. I also realized that I could eat 2 Angus Beef Sliders (at 220 calories for 2) and 2 Mini Slider Buns (at 80 calories each) for under 400 calories, makes makes them a great beef burger option for me!
We plan on bbqing more as the summer goes on and I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that Angus Beef Sliders will be a regular addition to our bbq fare!
Want to try some Sobeys burgers for yourself?
Giveaway:One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win a $25 Sobeys gift card!
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
To enter the giveaway, tell me which type of burger I mentioned in my review that you’d most like to try! (1 entry)
- tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): CANADIANS! It’s BBQ Season! #Win a $25 Sobeys gift card @ReviewCorner http://su.pr/2ZQuHv ends JULY 1 #giveaway
- Visit Compliments and give me the name of another specific product that’d love to try as part of your summer barbeque. (1 entry) (please include the date you have entered in your post)
- follow me on StumbleUpon-include your user name (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- Follow My Little Review Corner on Twitter @ReviewCorner – (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- put my button from my sidebar on your blog –include your website address (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- blog about the giveaway – leave a link to your post (5 entries – enter each one separately)
*Contest closes at 10:00 pm EST on Friday, July 1st, 2011. Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*
Winner will be contacted with the email left in the post and will have 2 days to respond. The winner be posted on this site. The prize is being provided directly by the sponsor.