Yesterday I told you about the book I’m using to guide my life this year – 52 Small Changes. Here are some highlights based on the book!
Benefits of a Happier, Healthier Lifestyle
-excerpted from 52 Small Changes, by Brett Blumenthal-
Creating a happier, healthier lifestyle will be very rewarding. Here are some of the biggest benefits you can look forward to:
1. A Fuller, More Rewarding Life. You will have more energy, strength and mental stability, which will allow you to enjoy life to the fullest, to perform at your best, and to feel great in all aspects of life.
2. Improved Outlook. You will have a happier, more positive outlook, which will extend into your personal relationships, work, and other areas of your life.
3. Graceful Aging. Living a healthy lifestyle means making healthy choices, staying active, and feeling energetic, at every age. As a result, you’ll look and feel younger, longer.
4. Self-Esteem. Taking care of yourself allows you to not only feel good physically, but also helps you to feel good mentally. This directly results in a boost to your self-confidence and self-esteem.
5. Natural Prevention. Taking a proactive approach to living healthy today will prevent the need to be reactive tomorrow. Prioritizing your health will help prevent diseases such as diabetes, cancer and heart disease, will slow down the aging process, and will keep you mentally alert.
6. Increased Control of Your Life. When life hands you lemons you’ll be better prepared, both physically and mentally, to make lemonade. You will feel less overwhelmed when you are presented with life’s unpredictable challenges, and will be able to cope with them in a more productive and effective way.
7. Raised Awareness. Through this process, you’ll become highly aware of the choices you make. This heightened awareness will enable you to listen to your body and your mind to know what they need to feel their best.