It has been said that couples who eat together stay together, so this Valentine’s Day Metro is encouraging you to take your love to the kitchen for some quality time!
Between work, social circles and increasingly multifunctional mobile devices, finding quality time to focus on your partner has become an uphill battle. Privacy is hard to come by, especially on Valentine’s Day, as restaurants are packed to the rafters with couples looking to proclaim their love for one another over a scrumptious meal. Metro makes it simple to capture that loving feeling at home where quiet, quality time is easily accessible, and with the right ingredients, so is passion!
Shared meal times are one of the simplest ways to capture that romantic feeling. According to a recent survey, Canadians are looking for more private time together as a couple. Surprisingly, men and women can agree on one thing – their love of food! More than 30 per cent of Canadians surveyed would choose an intimate dinner for two as their number one activity for a Valentine’s Day celebration.
Here are a few tips on how to grow and nourish a bond, one ingredient at a time.
- Get to know your partner’s food preferences – what they love and what they love to avoid!
- Heighten all of your senses by trying new recipes
- Take time to pick up groceries together
- Prepare your meals by working together as a team
- Lose the distractions when enjoying a meal together by turning off the tv and your cellphone
- Mix it up by swapping a traditional dinner with a romantic breakfast
- Set the mood by lighting a few candles and dimming the lights so your attention is focused on the one you love and your meal.
Looking for some ways to enjoy your Valentine’s Day meal? Metro has a variety of sweet treats to help set the mood for your special meal, including the Belgian Chocolate Truffle Heart Cake, the Red Velvet Mammoth Cupcake and the new Laura Secord Chocolate Heart cake. Beautiful floral arrangements and tantalizing fruit platters provide that final touch to a perfect evening.
Looking for some recipe ideas? Check back tomorrow when I’ll share some scrumptious recipes from Lisa Gnat and Julie Albert, Metro enthusiasts and co-authors of the Bite Me! cookbook series!