There are moments where I am convinced that I watch too many episodes of Chopped on Food TV. These days, even I know I can make a really good recipe, I see ingredients and start thinking, “What can I make with these ingredients?” in the vein of Chopped. While I am still a relative novice in terms of cooking, I am starting to see how I can bring different ingredients and flavours together and come up with cool new recipes!
So when I first saw Olivieri’s Lasagna Sheets, I knew that I could make a kickin’ lasagna! My dad has the most amazing recipe (which I promise I’ll share in the future!). That being said, my mind started going into a different direction. I really wanted to try making something new!
So I decided to combine some flavours that I thought would mesh really well with the Olivieri Lasagna Sheets – I was excited to see how it would turn out! Because I’m still counting calories as part of a healthier lifestyle, I also wanted to make something that was filling but also would fit into my healthy-eating plan!
Beef and Mushroom Lasagna Rolls
2-3 sheets Olivieri Lasagna Sheets
1 can mushrooms, drained
1-2 tomatoes, chopped
4 ounces ground beef, drained and cooled
2 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
1 can Manwich sauce
1/2 cup Tomato-Alfredo sauce
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1. In a large bowl, combine Manwich sauce, Tomato-Alfredo sauce and garlic. Mix well.
2. Divide mixture into 3 bowls. In the first bowl, mix mushrooms into sauce. In the second bowl, add ground beef and mix thoroughly. In the third bowl, add chopped tomatoes and combine.
3. Place the Olivieri Lasagna Sheets out on the table. Place a thin layer of mushroom sauce mixture on the entire sheet then layer the ground beef sauce mixture on top of half of the Lasagna Sheet. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
4. Roll the Lasagna Sheet then place into a large baking pan.
5. Repeat Steps 1-4 until all Lasagna Sheets are filled.
6. Cover lasagna rolls thoroughly with tomato sauce mixture then cover pan with tin foil.
7. Bake for 40 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese and broil for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
9. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes then slice each roll in half. Serve with a garden salad.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Calories per serving: 320 (based on 4 servings)
The result? Rich and tangy Lasagna Rolls that have a bit of a kick! I love the fact that the Olivieri Lasagna Sheets are so fresh that they were really easy to roll and that they have a great flavour!
Giveaway: Two readers from Canada (excluding Quebec) will each win 3 Olivieri free product coupons from Maple Leaf!
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter the giveaway, check out the complete line of Olivieri products and give me the name of another product that is a family favourite (or that you’d like to try!) (1 entry).
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link): Try out Olivieri’s Lasagna Sheets! Enter to #win at @ReviewCorner @Olivieri – 2 winners! http://wp.me/p10r9i-1Yh ends 05/25 CANADA
- Share your favourite lasagna recipe that you’d make with Olivieri Lasagna Sheets! (1 entry)
- follow MapleLeafFoods on Twitter (1 entry)
- ”like” Olivierii’s Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- ”like” Maple Leaf Foods’ Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- share this giveaway (use Reshare button on my Facebook fan page
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- follow me on Google+ (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per non-giveaway post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, May 25th, 2012 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*