I absolutely LOVE Victoria Day weekend! I know my fellow Canadians will be counting the days until this long weekend (which falls on Monday, May 21st this year). My US readers may be thinking, “What the heck is Victoria Day anyway?” Well, aside from being an awesome long weekend in May, this holiday always falls on the last Monday before May 24th and marks the celebration of Queen Victoria’s birthday! I don’t know if everyone Canada refers to it the same way, but I’ve always known it as “May 2-4″ as well (which is also a bit of a joke because a case of beer is often refered to as a “2-4″ as there are 24 bottles in it!).
Victoria Day weekend is often marked by a gathering of my family and friends. My dad loves to barbecue so I have no doubt that, at some point over this weekend, we will be enjoying steak on the barbecue!
This year, I plan on sharing another treat with my family and friends that we’ve already been enjoying ourselves!
I received single-serving size (1.25 oz) packages of the Beanitos flavours to try – at 175 calories per package (and with 6 grams of fibre and 6 grams of protein) I thought it would be a great alternative to the empty calories found in similar products! I love the black bean flavour of the chips and the variety of tastes – Cheddar Cheese has great cheese flavour as well as a hint of spice, while the Chipotle BBQ has a rich spiceness to it!
And what pairs well with Beanitos? Wholly Guacamole Classic Guacamole Dip! With a balance of guacamole, spices and garlic, this guacamole tastes like homemade (but better than anything I’ve ever made!). I love the fact that that Wholly Guacamole products are made with all-natural ingredients, are preservative and additive free!
The best part for me? I could enjoy a single serve bag of Beanitos (at 175 calories) and Wholly Guacamole Dip (at 60 calories for 2 tablespoons) for a total of only 235! It is a great way to enjoy a party with great food but without breaking my diet! As well, because both Beanitos and Wholly Guacamole products are both gluten-free, I know if my cousin comes to visit on the long weekend, she’ll be able to enjoy them too!
Beanitos are now in 12,000 stores across the US (including Whole Foods, Krogers & Safeway) AND they have recently come to Canada (they can be found at select Horizon, Sobeys and Longo’s and at some independent food stores as that is where I spotted them this past weekend!).
Wholly Guacamole can be found in grocery stores across the US and Canada – check out their store locator for more details!
Giveaway: One reader from Canada or the US (excluding Quebec) will win a Beanitos and Wholly Guacamole prize pack including a full case of Beanitos which showcase their variety of flavours as well as a Wholly Guacamole prize pack! The value of this prize pack is over $60!
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter the giveaway, tell me how your family plans of celebrating Victoria Day (or, if you are a US reader, how you plan on enjoying your holiday weekends!). (1 entry).
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): #Win Beanitos and Wholly Guacamole prize pack-$60 value @ReviewCorner @beanitos @eatwholly http://wp.me/p10r9i-1Zx ends 05/18 CAN/US #CANsnack
- Share a recipe idea using Beanitos and Wholly Guacamole products (don’t forget – Wholly Guacamole makes salsa too!)(1 entry)
- Follow Beanitos on Twitter – include your Twitter handle (1 entry)
- Follow EatWholly on Twitter – include your Twitter handle (1 entry)
- follow Wholly Guacamole on Pinterest (1 entry)
- ”like” Beanitos’ Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- ”like” Wholly Guacamole’s Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- share this giveaway (use Reshare button on my Facebook fan page
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- follow me on Google+ (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, May 18th, 2012 . Open to residents of Canada and the US (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*