Growing up, my grandmother loved watching classic movies and sharing them with us. I knew all about the Wizard of Oz and, whenever someone makes reference to it, I love the fact that it reminds me of my grandma!
It also marked the first time that I realized how much I loved things that were shiny and glittery (remember Dorothy’s shoes?). I had always been a little tomboy but it made me realize how much I loved bling — not that I had a clue what “bling” was at that time!
OPI has recognized the beauty of the Wizard of Oz with the upcoming release of Disney’s Oz The Great and Powerful which opens on March 8, 2013 and bottled it in their newest collection! The colours range from glittery shades packed with white, gold and silvery iridescent confetti to soft neutrals in white, beige and pink.
Lights of Emerald City
White confetti adds city girl flair and style to nails.
Don’t Burst My Bubble
Don’t wake me…I’m dreaming about puffy clouds of white.
When Monkeys Fly!
I’m simply bananas for this gold confetti.
Glints of Glinda
Only a good witch could turn beige from meek to chic.
Which is Witch?
Is this silver glitter with iridescent sparkle or the other way around?
I Theodora You
This adorable, sheer pink is bewitching on you.
What Wizardry is This?
A brilliant liquid sand nail lacquer
My favourite polishes are the the gorgeous pale pink shade, “Don’t Burst My Bubble” which looks amazing with an overlay of the silver and white confetti glitter of “Lights of Emerald City”.
And while the polishes make me smile because they look great on my nails, the names make me grin! Who else would name a polish “When Monkeys Fly”!?! The cheeky names are always witty!
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win the entire OPI Soft Shades 2013 collection!
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter the giveaway, tell me which shade from the Soft Shades 2013 collection that you’d like to try the most. (1 entry).
Daily Entries – 1 entry each per day:
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet):Bring the Wizard of Oz to life with OPI’s Soft Shades collection! Enter to #win it! @ReviewCorner http://wp.me/p10r9i-2In ends 03/01 CANADA
- NEW Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet):Try pizza with an Asian twist! http://wp.me/s10r9i-vh @ReviewCorner #recipe
- Tell me: who is your favourite character from The Wizard of Oz?
- follow OPI on Twitter (or tell me that you already do) (1 entry)
- ”like” The OPI’s Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- Follow OPI on Pinterest (or tell me that you already do) – include your Pinterest name (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- NEW “like” this Facebook post (1 entry)
- NEW share this Facebook post using the Share button (1 entry)
- NEW ”like” or share any of my NON-GIVEAWAY posts on Facebook – include your Facebook name and topic of post (1 entry per NEW like or share – unlimited entries)
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- pin any of my recipes or weight-loss posts on Pinterest and share the link (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
- add this giveaway to any contest site or linky – share the link with me (1 entry per addition – unlimited entries
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, March 1st, 2013 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age. Please note other Terms & Conditions.*