My memories of travelling when I was growing up are simply awful and I’m sure they were for my parents as well – sorry Mom and Dad! I was a fidgety kid (well – I’m actually a fidgety adult too!) so I’d squirm in my seat and constantly ask, “Are we there yet?” It seemed that no matter what my parents did I never could settle down.
The downside was I remember being disappointed at some of my childhood trips (sorry Mom and Dad!). I remember going all the way to Ottawa once – which was one heck of a long drive! I can’t remember what I was expecting, but learning that we were going to look at the Parliament buildings and walk around museums certainly didn’t match my expectations!
Thomas Cook recognized that “for parents, planning a family vacation can be a daunting task especially if you haven’t done your homework on kid-friendly travel options. And what parents think their kids will enjoy can often leave young ones wondering if they’re actually related to mom and dad.” They used this realization to develop a program that is truly unique. Kids First Family Vacations are a “kid reviewed, parent approved” vacation program which promises vacations filled with fun for the whole family! Reviews are provided from the perspective of the young passengers so you know they will be saying what they think (no holds barred!).
Thomas Cook has also recognized these challenges for kids and has developed brilliant resources to help kids make the most of their travel experience! The Thomas Cook Kids First Welcome Package provides a wide variety of things to make the trip run more smoothly and keep kids engaged (even on a long journey) – and even a little something for parents too!
The beauty of this package is that it allows parents to choose items that they kids will enjoy on the trip, through the inclusion of a Visa prepaid gift card, an Indigo gift card and a Shoppers Drug Mart gift card (because, let’s face it, one package does not fit every kid!). The free seat selection and airport lounge pass makes the journey more comfortable and the kids can fun with the kids activity book. And for the parents? A one year subscription to Today’s Parent and Park’N Fly savings as well!
And right now you can also enter to win a family vacation to the Riviera Maya! Submit a video review of your vacation. Tell us all about your favorite parts of the trip and then enter to win! By registering you are also eligible for weekly prizes! You can enter here (and check out the rules and regulations here).
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win a Kids First Family Vacations Welcome Package, worth up to $500! The prize includes: a $50 prepaid Visa, a $25 Indigo gift card, a $25 Shoppers Drug Mart gift card, free seat selection, free airport lounge pass, Park N’ Fly savings, an activity book and a one year subscription to Today’s Parent!
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter the giveaway, check out the Kids First Family Vacations and tell me which vacation your family would love to take (1 entry).
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet):
#Win a $500 @thomascookca KidsFirst prize pack-perfect for kids & grownups too! @ReviewCorner http://wp.me/p10r9i-2J2 ends 03/08 CANADA #TCKF
- NEW Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): Quick, easy & tasty! Try the Winter Warmer with an Asian Twist! http://wp.me/p10r9i-2IA @ReviewCorner #CavendishFromTheFarm
- Check out the March Break Vacation Packages and tell me which one appeals to you most. (1 entry).
- follow Thomas Cook on Twitter (or tell me that you already do) (1 entry)
- ”like” Thomas Cook’s Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- NEW “like” this Facebook post (1 entry)
- NEW share this Facebook post using the Share button (1 entry)
- NEW ”like” or share any of my NON-GIVEAWAY posts on Facebook – include your Facebook name and topic of post (1 entry per NEW like or share – unlimited entries)
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- pin any of my recipes or weight-loss posts on Pinterest and share the link (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
- add this giveaway to any contest site or linky – share the link with me (1 entry per addition – unlimited entries
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, March 8th, 2013 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age. Please note other Terms & Conditions.*