Today, I find myself writing about something that I generally don’t talk about but something that most women have to face at some point in their lives.
Before I say anything else, I have to quote one piece of information from AZO that I think really hits the nail on the head “This topic is nothing to be embarrassed about – urinary tract infections, yeast infections and feminine itching are common problems women face.”
These types of issues are those which most people don’t want to talk about – some people find it embarrassing or aren’t sure how to broach this subject. Personally, I know that, even with my closest friends, it isn’t something we commonly discuss (and we talk about almost EVERYTHING!).
When I had a chance to review AZO products, I was interested in trying them out because AZO has a variety of products to help women deal with these types of issues.
AZO’s products include:
–AZO Cranberry which provides “an alternative to drinking lots of cranberry juice that is loaded with sugar, take AZO CRANBERRY® tablets – without the extra calories and tart taste”;
– AZO Itch Relief which “contains the skin-soothing ingredients you want — and none of the skin-irritating alcohol, steroids or controversial paraben preservatives found in the other leading brands”;
– AZO Standard Max Strength ;
– AZO Test Strips ; and
–AZO Yeast which is a “tablet for all natural relief and prevention of yeast infection symptoms”.
From AZO, I also learned some facts about these types of infections that I wanted to share because I thought they were really interesting!
• After the flu and the common cold, urinary tract infections are the most common medical complaint among women age 18+, and it has been estimated that up to 60% of women will experience the unbearable pain and discomfort of a UTI at least once during their lives. The rate of repeat infections is high as well – about 20% of those who experience one UTI will have another.
• It is estimated that 75% of women will experience at least one yeast infection in their lives. And half of all women will have more than one.
• Feminine, or vaginal itching can be caused by anything from a yeast infection to hormonal changes, excess perspiration or even tight clothing. Typically, the cause is vaginitis, which is the inflammation or infection caused by bacteria, yeast, viruses, chemicals or even tight clothing. It’s very common, with most women experiencing some form of vaginitis at least once in their lifetime.
For more information about any of these products, visit AZOproducts.com
Giveaway: One reader from the US or Canada (excluding Quebec) will win a AZO emergency kit in a Vera Bradley toiletry bag with a total retail value of $75. The prize includes:
. a full line of AZO Products – STANDARD Maximum Strength, CRANBERRY, TEST STRIPS, YEAST, ITCH RELIEF Maximum Strength (analgesic wipes and topical analgesic cream)
. Vera Bradley Large Cosmetic Bag – a 10″ x 6¼” x 3¼” stylish plastic-lined toiletry bag in soft, brightly patterned, quilted cotton (note: the pattern provided will be randomly selected – you can see some examples here).
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Mandatory Entry: Visit the AZO Products website then leave a comment about something that you liked or learned from their site.
NEW: put the “Hearts of Love” button on your blog – leave your website address (5 entries – enter each one separately)
– sign up to receive email updates (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (3 entries – enter each one separately)
– sign up to receive RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (3 entries – enter each one separately)
-put my button on your blog – leave your website address (3 entries – enter each one separately)
-blog about the giveaway – leave a link to your post (3 entries – enter each one separately)
-follow me on Twitter @ReviewCorner (2 entries – enter each one separately)
-follow AZO on Twitter @AZOproducts (2 entries – enter each one separately)
-”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (2 entries – enter each one separately)
-“like” AZO’s Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (2 entries – enter each one separately)
-comment on one of my other non-giveaway posts (just tell me which one) (1 entry per comment – limit 1 per post)
Share this giveaway on another site, forum or Mr. Linky. (Please check to ensure it isn’t already posted) – then leave a comment telling me where you posted it. (1 entry per post on another site, forum or Mr. Linky – unlimited)
-tweet the following (1 entry per day – please include the link to your tweet): #Win an AZO Emergency kit in a Vera Bradley bag from @AZOproducts & @ReviewCorner US & CANADA http://wp.me/p10r9i-tW ends Jan 14 #giveaway
*Contest closes at 6:00 pm EST on Friday, January 14th, 2011. Open to residents of the US or Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age*
Winner will be contacted with the email left in the post and will have 2 days to respond. The winner be posted on this site.