My skin has been battling against the elements this winter because I find the winter wind has been really strong! My lips always seem to suffer from winter weather – I have a tendency to lick them when I’m out in the cold so I often end up with dry and chapped lips. This Valentine’s Day, I want my lips to be soft and kissable and The Green Beaver Company has stepped in to save the day!
I received a set of six NEW Mint flavoured lip shimmers to try. I thought the variety of colours were great – they come in 5 colours – Amour, Passion, Bordeaux, Mocha and Rose – as well as 1 Lustre shade (which is clear). Because I am fair-skinned and very pale in the winter, I didn’t know if I would like all of the colours. My other concern was that with flavoured lip products, I have a tendency to lick them off my lips and, as a result, my lips get even more chapped.
I discovered that the Mint flavoured lip shimmers were actually perfect for me because I didn’t want to lick them off my lips! They aren’t a sweet mint lip flavour; instead, they provide a light mint scent and tingling mint sensation that was different from any other lip products I’d ever tried. When I licked up my lips, I got that same fresh tingle on my tongue which I enjoyed! I also liked the scent of the lip shimmers – the fresh, minty smell is an extra pleasure to receive when you are wearing these lip shimmers!
The colours also turned out to be a pleasant surprise because I found that all of the shades suited me well! Described as “a perfect lip balm and lipstick hybrid” by The Green Beaver Company on their website, I have to agree! Because the shimmer is subtle, I found that all of the tones matched my skin well – some are perfect for the winter monthes and others will suit me better once I see a little more sunshine – but they are all great! They are perfect for me, as well, because I don’t wear a lot of makeup so I like the fact that the colour is relatively light on my lips! My favourite colours were the Amour, the Mocha and the Lustre lip shimmers but I enjoyed them!
While these products ROCK because they make my lips feel good and they look great, I’m also impressed by the fact that they are both Certified Organic and are also Vegan becuase they are beeswax and carmine free! If you are on a gluten-free diet, these lip shimmers are also an excellent choice because they are also Gluten-free!
(You should note that the description on the website, which mentions that these shimmers are “mint-free” does not apply to the Mint Lip Shimmers. These Lip Shimmers are so new that they haven’t even been added to the site and I am the first blogger who has the opportunity to write about my experience with them – how cool is that?!)
I’m really impressed with the Mint flavoured lip shimmers that I tried from The Green Beaver Company! When I checked out their store locator, I also discovered that I can actually buy their products at a number of stores in my area so I can’t wait to go and try some of their other products! I’m proud to say that they are a Canadian company (you can learm more about them here) with high standards and high-quality products!
Giveaway: 1 US or Canada readers (excluding Quebec) from My Little Review Corner will win a a set of 6 mint lip shimmers from Green Beaver like the ones that I received! (ARV $35)
To enter the giveaway, check out the Green Beaver Store Locator and tell me the name of a store closest to your home that carries Green Beaver products! (1 entry)
- tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): #Win 6 NEW mint lip shimmers from @thegreenbeaver @ReviewCorner US&CAN http://wp.me/p10r9i-FW ends 02/25 #heartsoflove #giveaway #Valentines
- Visit Green Beaver and tell me the name of another product you’d like to try (other than the ones mentioned in my review). (please include the date you have entered in your post).
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to Kidsumers RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to Kidsumers via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- Follow My Little Review Corner on Twitter @ReviewCorner – (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- Follow Kidsumers on Twitter @kidsumers – (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- Follow The Green Beaver Company on Twitter @thegreenbeaver – (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- ”like” Kidsumer’s Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- ”like” The Green Beaver Company’s Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- put my button from my sidebar on your blog –include your website address (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- blog about the giveaway – leave a link to your post (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- Share this giveaway on another site, forum or Mr. Linky. (Please check to ensure it isn’t already posted) – then leave a comment telling me where you posted it. (1 entry per post on another site, forum or Mr. Linky – unlimited)
- comment on one of my other non-giveaway posts (just tell me which one) (1 entry per comment – limit 1 per post)
- Visit Kidsumers for another chance to win! Let me know you entered from her blog for one extra entry here!
Kidsumers is also hosting a giveaway to a different Green Beaver Company prize packs!
*Contest closes at 10:00 pm EST on Friday, February 25, 2011. Open to residents of the US and Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*
Winner will be contacted with the email left in the post and will have 2 days to respond. The winner be posted on this site.