One of my resolutions this year was to start taking better care of myself. I think that if I take the time to look good it also makes me feel better about myself. For that reason, this Valentine’s Day I’ve also been looking at items that are gifts to myself!
I was thrilled to have the opportunity to review some OPI nail laquers that I can use to take better care of myself and give myself a more professional and polished look (pardon the pun!).
I received 4 beautiful colours, including I Think in Pink (which is a beautiful classic shade of pink), Moon Over Mumbai (a gorgeous silver-grey), At First Sight (a lovely light shade) and San Tan-Tonio (a striking tan shade).
While I had the opportunity to try out each of the shades, and I love the even coat they applied. The quality is obvious because I was able to apply a single coat and there was no need to apply another! It also dries relatively quickly which, for me, is an added bonus because I find it hard to sit long enough to let other polishes dry!
My favourite of the group was San Tan-Tonio, which is part of the new Texas collection. The colours in this collection are described as “vivid shades [which] are as iconic as images of an American summer – adding a fresh, effortlessly chic look for nails and toes.” When I first saw San Tan-Tonio, I didn’t know how it would look on my nails as I am quite pale (especially at this time of year) and I worried that it would appear too dark. I found, quite to my delight, that the shade was a beautiful and rich light tan that compliment my skin really well. It looked great on both my fingers and my toes and I was tickled tan!
The collection colours a wide range of bright colours and classic neutrals that compliment one another as well as Spring 2011 fashions. The shades in this collection include:
A “honey” of a ten-gallon tan!
Suzi Loves Cowboys
But she loves this campfire chocolate shade s’more!
It’s Totally Fort Worth It
A shimmery lavender grey that’s so worthy of you.
Don’t Mess with OPI
A lean, mean, kick-grass forest green.
Cowgirls love this bodacious blue-green.
I Vant to Be A-Lone Star
You won’t want to share this starry Texas-sky blue.
Y’all Come Back Ya Hear?
This Texas tangerine will be waitin’ for ya!
Big Hair…Big Nails
A rosy pageant peach.
Guy Meets Gal-veston
An “engaging” coastal coral.
Too Hot Pink to Hold ‘Em
A red-hot pink-red that deals a winning hand.
Do You Think I’m Tex-y?
A “berry” sexy bloom of Dallas dahlia.
Houston We Have a Purple
A galactic red-violet that’s ready to “rocket roll”!
Would you like some great new nail lacquers from the Texas Collection?
Giveaway: One Canadian reader (excluding Quebec) from My Little Review Corner or Kidsumers will win an amazing OPI prize pack that includes nail lacquers from the Texas Collection, Manicure/Pedicure Scrub and Massage creams (value $100)!
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Have a look at the Texas Collection lacquers (scroll over “Nail Color” and choose “Texas”) and let me know which one you think you’d enjoy the most! (1 entry)
- tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): #Win a $100 prize pack from OPI #heartsoflove @ReviewCorner CANADA ONLY http://wp.me/p10r9i-FD ends 03/04 #giveaway #Valentines #giftguide
- Check out all the OPI colors (scroll over “Nail Color” and choose “All OPI Colors”) and share the name of another colour you think you’d enjoy! (please include the date you have entered in your post).
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to Kidsumers RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to Kidsumers via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- Follow My Little Review Corner on Twitter @ReviewCorner – (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- Follow Kidsumers on Twitter @kidsumers – (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- ”like” Kidsumer’s Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- put my button from my sidebar on your blog –include your website address (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- blog about the giveaway – leave a link to your post (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- Share this giveaway on another site, forum or Mr. Linky. (Please check to ensure it isn’t already posted) – then leave a comment telling me where you posted it. (1 entry per post on another site, forum or Mr. Linky – unlimited)
- comment on one of my other non-giveaway posts (just tell me which one) (1 entry per comment – limit 1 per post)
- Visit Kidsumers for more entries. Let me know you entered from her blog for one extra entry here!
Kidsumers is also hosting this giveaway so you can enter there for more chances to win!
*Contest closes at 10:00 pm EST on Friday, February 25, 2011. Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*
The winner (one winner) will be randomly drawn from the entries placed here and on the Kidsumers website. The winner will be contacted with the email left in the post and will have 2 days to respond. The winner be posted on this site.