There are two things that I made Kootenay Bath Products from the first time I ran across the site. I’m really passionate about sharing small businesses that I believe will have great products with my readers and I love that fact that Kootenay Bath Products is a Canadian company!
When I first visited the site, here is what I learned about the owner: “Hi, I am a mother of 2 beautiful children and I love baths and LUSH was way too expensive for me to buy all the time, So I started making the Bubble Bars and from there I have moved into Bath Melts/Shower Butters and Bath Salts and Bubble Bath salts and whipped body butter and Pepermint foot cream( that my husband loves). I have sensitive skin and eczema and these products don’t affect my skin at all. I sell alot at local Craft Fairs and at local stores in town.” As someone who comes from a long line of family members with skin problems, I am always interested in skincare products that are sensitive on my skin and these products sound like they would fit the bill!
I received a Mixed Gift Bag which sounded like a great way to try out a number of the products available on the site! While the items at Kootenay Bath Products come in a variety of amazing scents, I had asked for sweet and fruity scents. When the Mixed Gift Bag arrived, I put it in my bathroom and the combination of these products and scents made my bathroom smell like a candystore, which I thought was awesome!
The Mixed Gift Bag (which comes packaged in an adorable organza bag with a ribbon drawstring closure), contains 2 Mini Bubble Bath Salts (I received “Energy” and “Candy Crush”), 1 Shower Butter (I received “Very Vanilla”) and 1 Small Whipped Body Butter (I received “Satsuma”). Each package has its ingedients listed on it and I appreciate the natural ingredients used. The bath salts have only 4 ingredients (Dead Sea salt, Lathanol, Colour and Fragrance oil), the Whipped Body Butter contains only 9 ingredients (which amazed me because most Body Butters I have looked at in stores have many more!) and the Shower Butter/Bath Melt contained only 3 ingredients (Cocoa Butter, Apricot Kernel Oil and Fragrance Oil).
While I enjoyed the Bubble Bath Salts – they smelled great and left my skin feeling soft – I don’t tend to take a lot of baths. On the other hand, I absolutely loved the Shower Butter/Bath Melt and Whipped Body Butter and I found myself using them every day! I used the Shower Butter/Bath Melt after my shower to help soothe my dry winter skin. It smelled fantastic (I had to remind myself it wasn’t a candy and try to eat it!) and because, a little goes a long way, one small bar lasts a long time! The Whipped Body Butter was brilliant! I loved the scent as it smelled like fresh oranges, it wasn’t greasy on my skin and it made my skin feel really soft! Just as importantly, it didn’t aggravate my skin either!
I enjoyed trying out the Mixed Gift Bag because it gave me a chance to check out a number of different products and scents! There are so many amazing options that I know I could buy a gift set every time and find a number of different scents that I’d love!
Giveaway: One Canadian reader (excluding Quebec – no PO boxes please) from My Little Review Corner will win a Mixed Gift Bag from Kootenay Bath Products!
To enter the giveaway, check out the available scents at Kootenay Bath Products and tell me which scent you’d most like to try! (1 entry)
- tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): #Win a bathtime Mixed Gift Bag! #heartsoflove @ReviewCorner US&CAN http://wp.me/p10r9i-HI ends 03/04 #giveaway
- Check out the other products available at Kootenay Bath Products and tell me the name of another product you’d like to try. (please include the date you have entered in your post).
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to Kidsumers RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to Kidsumers via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- Follow My Little Review Corner on Twitter @ReviewCorner – (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- Follow Kidsumers on Twitter @kidsumers – (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- ”like” Kidsumer’s Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- put my button from my sidebar on your blog –include your website address (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- blog about the giveaway – leave a link to your post (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- Share this giveaway on another site, forum or Mr. Linky. (Please check to ensure it isn’t already posted) – then leave a comment telling me where you posted it. (1 entry per post on another site, forum or Mr. Linky – unlimited)
- comment on one of my other non-giveaway posts (just tell me which one) (1 entry per comment – limit 1 per post)
Kidsumers is also hosting a giveaway to win a prize from Kootenay Bath Products!
*Contest closes at 6:00 pm EST on Friday, March 4, 2011. Open to residents of the US and Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*
Winner will be contacted with the email left in the post and will have 2 days to respond. The winner be posted on this site.