I’ve been a fan of Chicken Soup for the Soul books for as long as I can remember. I’ve always enjoyed the fact that this line of books combines inspirational stories, funny comics related to the theme of the book and that I can read the book in spurts because of the combination of numerous stories within one book!
I recently received a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Shaping the New You. As someone who has struggled with my weight my whole life (including the fact that I thought had beaten it 10 years ago and find myself fighting against it again!), this book could not have arrived at a better time! I was surprised to turn over the book and see Richard Simmons on the back cover! As someone who was “Sweatin’ to the Oldies” as a teen girl in the 80s, it just made me grin and want to dig into the book!
I like the fact that the stories are arranged into topic areas, so I can either read the book from front to back or choose sections that I want to read to inspire me at different times. Given the fact that I’ve been fighting to find ways to actually motivate myself to exercise, I found myself gravitating towards the sections entitled “The Gym” and “Exercise Can Be Fun”. The stories inside gave me true food for thought as I liked some of the creative ideas in the stories and they are helping to spark my own creative thoughts of how I can work out and not hate it! Other sections include “Regaining Control”, “To Err is Human” (an area I can relate to totally!) and “Telling Myself the Truth” (which I haven’t read yet but plan to do because I think that denial is part and parcel of my weight issue).
I’m so glad I’ve been reading Chicken Soup for the Soul: Shaping the New You because it helps me to realize that weight loss truly is a journey but that it does start with one step! The stories look at the small steps people have taken to achieve their goals and I’ve found it really inspirational!
Giveaway: Three (3) readers from the US or Canada (excluding Quebec) are going to win copies of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Shaping the New You.
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Tell me why you’d like to win this book! (1 entry)
- tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): #giveaway 3 Winners Chicken Soup for the Soul: Shaping the New You @ReviewCorner http://wp.me/p10r9i-KP US and CANADA ends 03/11 #giveaway #win
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- Follow My Little Review Corner on Twitter @ReviewCorner – (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- put my button from my sidebar on your blog –include your website address (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- blog about the giveaway – leave a link to your post (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- Share this giveaway on another site, forum or Mr. Linky. (Please check to ensure it isn’t already posted) – then leave a comment telling me where you posted it. (1 entry per post on another site, forum or Mr. Linky – unlimited)
- comment on one of my other non-giveaway posts (just tell me which one) (1 entry per comment – limit 1 per post)
*Contest closes at 10:00 pm EST on Friday, March 11, 2011. Open to residents of the US and Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*
Winner will be contacted with the email left in the post and will have 2 days to respond. The winner be posted on this site.