A trio of popular toys from the Ravensburger catalog have been selected for inclusion in Hyatt Resorts Toy Box, a high-profile free toy lending program launching this year at select Hyatt properties.
Ravensburger, the first name in high-quality, beautifully-designed playthings, puzzles and board games, has earned the distinction of having the largest representation of toys among the 17 manufacturers featured in the inaugural program. Powered by Toy Tips, a respected independent toy testing company, the new toy lending initiative includes Mix ‘n’ Fix Mike and Katie Camper’s Holiday Friends from WOW Toys, which are exclusively distributed by Ravensburger in the U.S., in the Toddler Toys category as well as Ravensburger’s own Jungle Jive in the Family Toys category.
Each item in the Hyatt Resorts Toy Box program was thoroughly tested by the Toy Tips Research Institute and is accompanied by a detailed Toy Report Card with ratings for developmental skills, so parents can select the toys that are most appropriate for their children. A total of 24 toys and games in five categories for toddlers to tweens are included in the initiative’s kickoff year.
The Hyatt Resorts Toy Box toy-lending program is available free to hotel guests. Upon checking in, guests receive a Toy Box book listing all 24 available toys from which they may choose. Once the toys are returned, they are inspected, cleaned and repaired, as needed, so every child receives a toy or game in pristine condition.
The new playthings from Ravensburger included in the Hyatt Resorts Toy Box program are:
Katie Camper’s Holiday Friends – This WOW brand preschool toy features an 11-piece friction-powered camper with two characters, a dog and accessories, including beds, a mirror, tent, barbecue grill and picnic table. The camper opens to reveal a home setting and the back of the camper can be unhooked from its magnetic trailer. WOW toys come with a 10-year satisfaction guarantee. Ages 1½–5 years, ARV: $49.99
We received a Katie Camper’s Holiday Friends set to try. I must admit that toys like this make me jealous – why didn’t they make toys like this when I was a little girl? We had a lot of fun playing with the movable camper and I loved the fact that it encourages creative play because there are a number of pieces including the little people and the dog. The “puppy” was also a huge hit because my youngest girl loves anything “puppy” and she thought the dog was an amazing addition to the camper! She also liked that the camper can be openeed and unhooked (and rehooked…and unhooked…and rehooked!). Personally, I also appreciate the 10 year guarantee because it shows me how confident the makes of these products are about the quality of these toys!
Mix ‘n’ Fix Mike – This toy from the WOW preschool toy range features a friction-powered cement mixer truck with realistic engine sounds. The three-piece set offers a clear outer drum with a friction motor that rotates the inner cement drum with colors and sound. The detachable barrier can be fixed to the back of the truck for storage. The toy includes the WOW brand signature 10-year satisfaction guarantee. Ages 1½–5 years, ARV: $49.99
Jungle Jive – An “egg-citing” and award-winning balancing game that will have everyone “monkeying” around! Jungle Jive challenges players to complete a series of creative and silly activities and exercises while holding onto an amazing “egg” with their hands or feet. When a player tips the egg too far, the laughing bird inside lets them know! Ages 6+, ARV: $29.99
You can learn more about this program, and all the of the toys included, on the Hyatt website.
Giveaway: One reader from Canada or the US (excluding Quebec) will win their choice of one of the three Ravensburger toys/games featured in this review – Katie Camper’s Holiday Friends, Mix ‘n’ Fix Mike or Jungle Jive (value up to $49.99).
Visit the Ravensburger website and tell me which toy or game (of the three featured) that you would choose if you won! (1 entry)
- tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): #Win your choice of toy or game from Hyatt&Ravensburger @ReviewCorner ($50 value) US&CANADA ends 04/01 http://wp.me/p10r9i-QK #giveaway
- Visit the Ravensburger website and tell me the name of another toy, game or puzzle that you would like to own (other than the ones featured in this review). (Please include your date of entry)
NEW – Put the “Eggs-cellent Easter Event” button on your blog (you can find this button and the code on the right-hand side of my blog) – leave your website address (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- Follow My Little Review Corner on Twitter @ReviewCorner – (1 entry)
- put my button from my sidebar on your blog –include your website address (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- blog about the giveaway – leave a link to your post (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- Share this giveaway on another site, forum or Mr. Linky. (Please check to ensure it isn’t already posted) – then leave a comment telling me where you posted it. (1 entry per post on another site, forum or Linky – unlimited)
- comment on one of my other non-giveaway posts (just tell me which one) (1 entry per comment – limit 1 per post)
*Contest closes at 10:00 pm EST on Friday, April 1st, 2011. Open to residents of the US and Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*
Winner will be contacted with the email left in the post and will have 2 days to respond. The winner be posted on this site.