According to Chicken Soup for the Soul, “Losing a loved one is painful and can be overwhelming. The journey to healing and recovering takes time and everyone goes through the grieving process their own way. When you’re hurting, it helps to read stories from other people who have been through the same thing. Chicken Soup for the Soul: Grieving and Recovery…contains 101 inspirational and comforting stories about surviving the loss of a loved one. Readers will take comfort and find inspiration in these personal and revealing stories from people who have been through the grieving and recovery process already and who generously share their tips about coping with loss, regaining strength, appreciating life, and finding new joy.”
My mom has had a difficult few years. She lost her mother and her sister and I know that she still struggles as she deals with the pain of losing them. I decided to share a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Grieving and Recovery with her and she has been reading it for a few weeks. She told me that she has found the stories easy to relate to, though she can’t read a lot of the book at once because it stirs up so many emotions. She says reading about the experiences of other people has really helped her to work through some of her pain. She has really appreciated this book!
Giveaway: Three (3) readers from the US or Canada (excluding Quebec) will each receive a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Grieving and Recovery.
Tell me why you’d like to win a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Grieving and Recovery. (1 entry)
- tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): US&CANADA #Win 1 of 3 copies of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Grieving and Recovery @ReviewCorner http://wp.me/p10r9i-QS ends 04/01 #giveaway
- visit the Chicken Soup for the Soul website and tell me the name of another title you’d like to read!
NEW – Put the “Eggs-cellent Easter Event” button on your blog (you can find this button and the code on the right-hand side of my blog) – leave your website address (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- Follow My Little Review Corner on Twitter @ReviewCorner – (1 entry)
- put my button from my sidebar on your blog –include your website address (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- blog about the giveaway – leave a link to your post (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- Share this giveaway on another site, forum or Mr. Linky. (Please check to ensure it isn’t already posted) – then leave a comment telling me where you posted it. (1 entry per post on another site, forum or Mr. Linky – unlimited)
- comment on one of my other non-giveaway posts (just tell me which one) (1 entry per comment – limit 1 per post)
*Contest closes at 10:00 pm EST on Friday, April 1st, 2011. Open to residents of the US and Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*
Winner will be contacted with the email left in the post and will have 3 days to respond. The winner be posted on this site.