Dacron is a brand that is really familiar to me. I was surprised, however, to find out that I’m not alone! “Two-thirds of consumers in a in a 2010 nationwide survey say they are familiar with the DACRON® brand. DACRON® has one of the highest levels of consumer awareness among popular home furnishings brands.” In retrospect, the fact that so many people are familiar with Dacron should not surprise me because, as I learned when trying out a new Dacron Mini-Pillow, people tend to remember quality brands!
I come from a family where allergies are common – growing up I was used to having a mother who checked the labels on all the products that she bought for our household because of her severe allergies. One of the things she was allergic to was feathers of any type, so she was constantly on the hunt for comfortable pillows for our family that did not cause her allergic reactions. Now, even as an adult, I’m always on the hunt for pillows that are comfortable but that are also excellent for elements of family life. I want pillows that are durable, washable, hypoallergenic and are also really comfy!
We recently received a Dacron Mini-Pillow to try in our home. I grew up with Dacron pillows but I’d never had Dacron pillow in my home since I became an adult. I was interested in trying out a Dacron pillow because, according to the company, “DACRON® polyester fiberfill is a high-quality, comfortable alternative to natural fibers at a fraction of the price. The soft fiber puffs provide unsurpassed refluffability, are hypoallergenic and are washable. DACRON® is a registered trademark of INVISTA for its brand of polyester fiberfill.”
I quickly learned that the quality of Dacron pillows make a large difference! Before receiving the Mini-Pillow, I thought that it might be too small for practical daily use. At 15″ x 20″, I discovered that this is a great size for a pillow. It would be a great size for children but I’ve also found it makes an excellent pillow to use on our couch. I find it so comfortable that I don’t want to share it with anyone else (I know that sounds selfish, but it is just so great!).
Because I’ve been enjoying my Dacron Mini-Pillow so much, I was worried about washing it. In the past, when I’ve washed other pillows, I’ve found that they tend to lose their shape or they become really lumpy. When I washed my Dacron pillow, however, I was pleased to find that it maintains its shape and didn’t become lumpy. That alone was enough to make me a fan of Dacron pillows!
If that wasn’t enough, I recently learned that the DACRON Brand Team Supports “Pillows for Patriots”. “In collaboration with locai U.S. military personnel and supportive organizations, such as Piilows for Patriots and Our Troops Online, the DACRON brand team successfully delivered hundreds of branded, miniature pillows to American forces stationed in combat zones in Afghanistan and Iraq. “Most people don’t realize that pillows aren’t a government-issued item for certain troops on the front lines,” said Brian Nix, segment manager for INVISTA’s North America Fiberfill business. “When we found out that soldiers on the move often fall asleep wherever they can find a place to rest their heads, we knew we had to provide the assurance of comfort (in the form of DACRON@brand fiberfill) to those deployed.” ”
Giveaway: Three readers from Canada or the US (excluding Quebec) will each win a set of Dacron Mini-Pillows.
Tell me who would use the Dacron pillows in your house (1 entry).
- tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): #Win Dacron pillows – 3 winners! @ReviewCorner US & Canada ends 04/15 http://wp.me/p10r9i-TS #giveaway
- Tell me why you want to win (Please include your date of entry).
NEW – Put the “Eggs-cellent Easter Event” button on your blog (you can find this button and the code on the right-hand side of my blog) – leave your website address (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- Follow My Little Review Corner on Twitter @ReviewCorner – (1 entry)
- put my button from my sidebar on your blog –include your website address (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- blog about the giveaway – leave a link to your post (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- Share this giveaway on another site, forum or Mr. Linky. (Please check to ensure it isn’t already posted) – then leave a comment telling me where you posted it. (1 entry per post on another site, forum or Mr. Linky – unlimited)
- comment on one of my other non-giveaway posts (just tell me which one) (1 entry per comment – limit 1 per post)
*Contest closes at 10:00 pm EST on Friday, April 15th, 2011. Open to residents of the US and Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*
Winner will be contacted with the email left in the post and will have 2 days to respond. The winner be posted on this site.