Burt’s Bees is a company I’ve been familiar with for many years – the first encounter I remember with their products was many years ago. I have an aunt and uncle with have always been passionate about environmentally-friendly products (they were the first environmentalists I knew, long before I understood what the term even meant!) and I remember my aunt giving me Burt’s Bees Lip Balm to use on my chapped lips when I was staying at their farm. Years later, I saw it at a local store and noticed that they had a wide variety of products available!
Burt’s Bees is also a company that has a really interesting history! If you get a moment, check out their company’s story on their website – it is guaranteed to make you smile! I also appreciate Burt’s Bees commitment to its customers – it is obvious that they have a strong commitment to making their products 100% natural, maintaining high environmental standards, maintaining product transparency, giving back to the community and preserving both human and animal rights. Because I like to be an informed consumer, I appreciate the transparency aspect of this company’s values and I like the fact that they are willing to place these commitments prominently on their website.
I received 4 different products to try: the Super Shiny Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Shampoo, Super Shiny Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Conditioner as well as Naturally Nourishing Milk & Shea Butter Hand Soap and Lip Balm.
My favourite products are definitely the Super Shiny Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Shampoo, the Super Shiny Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Conditioner. According to the company, this sulfate-free shampoo is loaded with essential citrus oils blended with gentle plant-based cleansing complex to create a richly foaming shampoo. Betaine, made from sugar beets, penetrates to help repair damage for hair that feels healthier and looks shinier, naturally and the conditioner includes essential natural oils from citrus fruits like grapefruit, orange and lemon are blended with sugar beet extract and penetrating marula oil to replenish, condition, soften and improve your hair’s manageability. When I uncapped the bottle, I immediately discovered that both the shampoo and conditioner have a wonderful citrus scent! Even more important than the smell of these products are how well they work! My hair feels soft and silky to the touch and maintains its smooth texture. I’ve discovered that I don’t need additional products when using this shampoo and conditioner because my hair feels and looks great from root to tip!
The Naturally Nourishing Milk & Shea Butter Hand Soap is said to increase skin moisture by up to 54% and, because of my tendency towards dry skin, I have found that to be the aspect that I’ve appreciated the most! While I must admit that I don’t particularly care for the smell of this hand soap because I don’t like the smell of shea butter, the scent quickly dissipates once I’ve washed my hands but smooth skin remains!
I also like the Lip Balm. I found that it keeps my lips smooth and moist. While I tried the original, unscented, Lip Balm, I love flavoured and scented products so I think I’d really like the Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil! I like slim design of the Lip Balm as well because it makes it easy to tuck it away in my purse and I know it is there when I need it!
Want to try some Burt’s Bees products for yourself?
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win a Burt’s Bees prize pack worth $150!
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
To enter the giveaway, check out the Burt’s Bees products and give me the name of a product you’d like to try (other than the ones mentioned in this review). (1 entry)
- tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): Canadians! Win a $150 Burt’s Bees prize pack @ReviewCorner http://su.pr/5XvPsN ends JULY 8
- Visit the sotre locator and tell me the name of a local store that carries Burt’s Bees products! (1 entry) (please include the date you have entered in your post)
- ”like” Burt’s Bees Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- Follow My Little Review Corner on Twitter @ReviewCorner – (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- put my button from my sidebar on your blog –include your website address (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- blog about the giveaway – leave a link to your post (5 entries – enter each one separately)
*Contest closes at 10:00 pm EST on Friday, July 8th, 2011. Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*
Winners will be contacted with the email left in the post and will have 2 days to respond. The winner be posted on this site. The prize is being provided directly by the sponsor.