Do you know who Madeleine Wickham is? While I am an avid reader, I didn’t instantly recognize Madeleine Wickham’s name. Once I discovered, however, that Madeleine Wickham is the real name of Sophie Kinsella (and the author of the hilarious Shopaholic series as well as my personal favourite, The Undomestic Goddess!), I couldn’t wait to read her latest book!
40 Love is Madeleine Wickham’s newest book which is set for publication in September 2011. In this novel, she tackles the complexity of relationships between old friends as well as how many can change relationships.
In 40 Love, Patrick and his wife Caroline seem to have everything – a gorgeous home, amazing cars, a daughter in private school and even their own tennis courts! Patrick invites 3 other pairs (including a business client and his daughter, an old friend and his wife and another old friend and his second wife). While it seems that all Patrick wants is to have a fun weekend of playing tennis and reconnecting with friends, he has an ulterior motive and the ties that bind these friends unravel over the course of the weekend.
I enjoyed how the novel undercut the whole concept of social structure and reveals the things in life that are more important than money. I found the characters rich and complex and I found myself laughing at the turn of events for some of the characters. While I did find this book remarkably different from Wickham’s works that she published as Sophie Kinsella, I did find 40 Love an intricate novel that was very adult. I’m going to go back and visit some of Wickham’s other works that she has published under her own name as I think I would enjoy them a great deal based on 40 Love.
Interested in reading 40 Love? You can order it here or find it at your local bookstore. OR, you can win a copy of the book here!
Giveaway: Three (3) readers from Canada or the US (excluding Quebec) will each win a copy of 40 Love!
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
To enter the giveaway, watch the short YouTube about 40 Love and tell me something you learned about the novel (1 entry).
- tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): Madelaine Wickham (Sophie Kinsella) is back! #Win 1 of 3 copies of 40 Love @ReviewCorner http://su.pr/1yNRwQ ends 09/02 CANADA/US
- Visit Madelaine Wickham’s webpage and tell me the name of another book by her you’ve read and enjoyed or one that you’d like to read (1 entry). (please include the date you have entered in your post)
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- Follow My Little Review Corner on Twitter @ReviewCorner – (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- put my button from my sidebar on your blog –include your website address (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- blog about the giveaway – leave a link to your post (5 entries – enter each one separately)
*Contest closes at 10:00 pm EST on Friday, September 2nd, 2011 . Open to residents of Canada and US (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*