In the past couple of years, I’ve become more conscious of searching out environmentally-friendly products to use around the house. I appreciate the idea of making greener choices because I think it is better for the environment and also makes our home safer by using products made from natural ingredients.
Having never tried an environmentally-friendly laundry soap, I was excited to try Green Works Original Laundry Detergent. I wanted to see how it would stack up against the laundry detergent that I had been using for years.
The first thing I noticed when I opened the bottle was its fresh scent. I liked that it wasn’t strongly perfumed yet it had a refreshing smell! I like that because I’m pretty particular about the scents that I use – my mom also has strong allergies so I know the importance of finding a laundry detergent with a scent that she can tolerate. I actually had to tell her we’d changed our brand of laundry detergent because she didn’t notice the difference (which is a great thing as she wasn’t asking me what I was using and telling me how much it brought out her allergies!).
Green Works took on a big test as well because I found myself using the Green Works Laundry Detergent exclusively in cold water because I know that it conserves energy. In the past, I have found that some detergents do a great job cleaning our clothes in cold water, while others do not. I was happy to discover that Green Works does an excellent job of washing in cold water! That makes it stand head and shoulders above a lot of other laundry soaps in my mind!
On top of the fact that the Green Works laundry soap works incredibly well and smells great, I was impressed by everything that Green Works does to truly make their products environmentally-friendly. According to their website, their products “are made with plant- and mineral-based cleaning ingredients; come from biodegradable ingredients that are naturally derived; are not tested on animals; use environmentally sustainable packaging whenever possible and are acknowledged by the Natural Products Association, the Sierra Club and the EPA’s Design for the Environment program.
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win a collection of Green Works products including: All Purpose Cleaner, Cleaning Wipes, Multi-Surface Cleaner, Glass Cleaner, Bathroom Cleaner, Toilet Bowl Cleaner, Dishwashing liquid and Laundry Soap.
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
To enter the giveaway, visit the Green Works website and tell me the name of another specific product (other than the one mentioned in this review) that you’d like to try (1 entry).
- tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): Canadians! Keep your home fresh and clean with a Green Works prize pack! #win #giveaway @ReviewCorner http://su.pr/1c4CMy ends 09/30
- Share one tip of something you are doing to make your home more environmentally-friendly (1 entry) (please include the date you have entered in your post)
- ”like” Green Works Canada’s Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- Follow My Little Review Corner on Twitter @ReviewCorner – (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- put my button from my sidebar on your blog –include your website address (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- blog about the giveaway – leave a link to your post (5 entries – enter each one separately)
*Contest closes at 10:00 pm EST on Friday, September 30th, 2011 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*