I’m such a sucker for the holidays – ever since I was a little girl I get really excited as soon as November arrives because I know that means December will be next and, along with it, the holiday season! That being said, my husband relishes food so food is always a great gift for him!
One of my favourite aspects of the holidays, as an adult, is holiday entertaining! I love having the chance to nibble on decadent treats, have a few drinks and visit with people I enjoy! Over the past couple of years we’ve started having a Holiday Open House, where we invite over family and friends and take a little time to enjoy one another!
This year, I’ve realized that Sobeys has a number of great holiday treats for relishing and sharing!
We tried a number of Compliments products and even shared the wealth with my family!
One item that we tried were the Pub Classic Hors D’oeuvres. When I’ve tried puff pastry hors d’oeuvres before, I’ve often found that there is too much pastry and not enough filling but I was pleased to discover that it was not the case with these ones! My favourite was the Sante Fe Chicken and I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I really liked the Spinach and Artichoke ones as well (I’ve never artichokes before!). We actually nibbled on these as a late-snack one evening and I was quite impressed!
My mom helped me out (much to her pleasure!) by trying out the Milk Chocolate Covered Sponge Toffee. My mom often makes her own chocolate-covered toffee so I wanted to see what she thought of the Compliments brand. She really enjoyed it! She said that the chocolate was silky and that it was just sweet enough to balance out the salty-sweetness of the sponge toffee. She liked the addition of the white chocolate on the top and said she’s going to try that idea with her own recipe this year!
And what holiday is complete without dessert? While there are many different items to choose from, I adore cheesecake so I was interested in trying out the Mini Chocolate Enrobed Cheesecakes. Wow – there was a lot of flavour in every little bite! They were the perfect size – I had two pieces and felt like I’d died and gone to heaven because the cheesecake is velvety and the milk chocolate is smooth and creamy.
I’m planning to head back to Sobeys to see what else they have for our holiday get togethers – this time I might share more (though there are no promises!).
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win a $30 Sobeys gift card!
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
To enter the giveaway, tell me your favourite holiday treat that you enjoy specifically during the holiday season (1 entry).
- tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): Enjoy the #holidays – #win a $30 Sobeys gift card! @Sobeys @ReviewCorner http://su.pr/2b7fkF ends 12/30 CANADA ONLY
- Check out the Compliments website and give me the name of another specific product you’d like to try this holiday season! (1 entry)
- Follow Sobeys on Twitter @Sobeys – (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- ”like” Sobeys Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- Follow My Little Review Corner on Twitter @ReviewCorner – (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- put my button from my sidebar on your blog –include your website address (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- blog about the giveaway – leave a link to your post (5 entries – enter each one separately)
*Contest closes at 10:00 pm EST on Friday, December 30th, 2011 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*