101 Heartwarming and Inspiring Stories by and for Canadians
For Canadians and by Canadians, this book will delight and amuse Canadian readers with its 101 new stories about the great northern country. Full of inspirational, amusing, and encouraging stories, this collection will touch the heart of any Canadian readers. Stories include a wide range of topics written by Canadians, from daily life and family to Canadian holidays and history, along with tales from tourists and visitors.
I have to confess, before reading this book I wouldn’t call myself an incredibly patriotic person. Sure, I tune into the Olympics without fail and find myself cheering on Canadian athletes. I get excited every year when the Terry Fox Run takes place locally and I feel a little pang on pride knowing this amazing man was also a Canadian. And I’m the first one to point out when an actor or musician whose career has taken off is Canadian! But, surely, that doesn’t equate to patriotism does it?
When Chicken Soup for the Soul: O Canada arrived at my home, however, I found myself drawn to start reading it immediately. I could relate to so many of the stories (such as making a new friend at Tim Hortons!) and, as I continued reading, I realized how proud I truly am to be a Canadian! From the checklist of how to know if you are a Canadian (many of which applied to me!) to the stories of transplanted Canadians who yearned for the things about Canada that I take for granted, I found myself feeling something inside myself that I’d never fully recognized – my patriotic pride at being a Canadian!
This book is full of stories that range from Canadian daily life, to the experiences of those who have moved outside of Canada to the moments that many Canadians have shared. I really love this book and actually planning on sharing it with a few friends who I know will appreciate it as well!
Giveaway: Three (3) readers from Canada or the US (excluding Quebec) will each win a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: O Canada.
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
To enter the giveaway, tell me why you’d like to win a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: O Canada (1 entry).
- tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): Canadian Pride! #Win 1 of 3 copies of CSS – O Canada! http://wp.me/p10r9i-1HK CAN/US 01/27
- Visit the Chicken Soup for the Soul website and tell me the name of another title you’d like to read! (1 entry) (please include the date you have entered in your post)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- NEW share this giveaway (use Reshare button on my Facebook fan page</a) on Facebook (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- NEW follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- NEWstumble any of my non-giveaway posts – include your username and URL of which post you have stumbled (1 entry per stumble – unlimited entries)
- NEW follow me on Google+ (1 entry)
- NEWComment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, January 27th, 2012 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*