Chinese food is one of my ultimate comfort foods – when I was a kid it was an amazing treat when we’d have Chinese food for dinner and I’ve loved it ever since!
As an adult, I still really enjoy Chinese meals and I appreciate them even more now that I can make them myself. The best part is that VH Sauces help make it easy, even for the novice cook like me!
I’ve also developed a real taste for fusion foods, so when I saw the recipe for Hoisin Chicken Pizza, I knew that I was going to have to make it to celebrate Chinese New Year!
When I saw the recipe on the VH website, I knew it was the perfect recipe to try because it looked both really easy and really tasty! As always, however, I decided to change it up a little bit to put my own twist on dish! Broccoli is something we don’t enjoy (so much so that I even find the word hard to spell!) so I decided to substitute spinach for broccoli. I also decided to top our pizza with a cheddar/mozzarella mix to change up the flavours.
The result? Absolutely amazing! The depth of flavour that Garlic Hoisin sauce elevates this dish so much that it is almost beyond description! I love garlic and it works so well with hoisin (which I adore!). The sweet and crispy flavour of the red pepper merries with the sauce while the chicken provides a perfect compliment to everything. I was worried that substituting the spinach might cause a problem, but it has a crispy texture as well so it really added to the dish. The only thing I learned was that next time I won’t use a whole-wheat crust (or I won’t get distracted and will take it out a minute sooner!).
Because I love having dip with my pizza, I had some VH Plum Sauce and the sweetness of the sauce really worked well against the flavours and textures of the pizza. I will definitely be making this dish again!
The VH website has so many great ideas for Chinese New Year – because it runs for 15 days, I plan on making Hoisin Chicken Salad and Orange Ginger Meatballs as well! Check out the VH website and their Facebook page for a number of awesome meal ideas!
Want to celebrate the Chinese New Year in style with VH?
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win a VH prize pack that includes an assortment of VH sauces and a $25 VISA gift card!
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
To enter the giveaway, visit the VH Sauces page and tell me which one is your favourite or you’d most like to try (1 entry).
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): Chinese New Year rocks in Canada! #Win a VH prize pack incl. a $25 VISA gift card! @ReviewCorner http://wp.me/p10r9i-1JV ends 02/10 #VHSauces
- Check out the VH Sauce recipes and tell me which one you’d most like to try! (1 entry)
- like VH’s Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- NEW share this giveaway (use Reshare button on my Facebook fan page
- NEW follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- NEW stumble any of my non-giveaway posts – include your username and URL of which post you have stumbled (1 entry per stumble – unlimited entries)
- NEW follow me on Google+ (1 entry)
- NEW Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, February 10th, 2012 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*