Last week I showed you some of the beautiful Oreo birthday cakes that had been commissioned for their Oreo’s 100th Anniversary!
In honour of their 100th anniversary, Oreo has also launched a special Limited Edition Oreo and we had the chance to celebrate Oreo’s birthday by trying them!
These Birthday Cake Oreos are out of this world! When we opened the bag, the first thing I noticed was the fact that the package smelled just like a birthday cake! Everyone was eager to dig in – I was pleased by the fact that I showed some self-restraint and only had one cookie (believe me – I wanted to devour the whole box!).
The first thing the girls noticed was the fact that the Oreo middles actually looked like icing as it has little coloured areas that look like sprinkles. Little One pointed out to me that “they are SO PRETTY”! Miss Eight admired the icing briefly as she was busy munching away on the cookies themselves. She liked them so much, in fact, that I had to move the box because she kept asking if she could have “just one more”.
Miss Eight was also the first one to notice the special birthday design on the wafer part of the Oreo. She told me she thought it was “cool” that they had changed the design to show it was Oreo’s birthday!
And my thoughts? I thought the taste of the Oreo Limited Edition was sooooo good (again, I have to say I am impressed at my self-restraint!). I’ve always loved Oreos and I found the slight change in the filling really did taste like birthday cake icing. YUM is all I have to say!
And if you are watching your calories, have no fear! Each Limited Edition Oreo cookie has only 70 calories!
The cookies are long gone (mostly due to Miss Eight’s continuous “just one more”!) but the girls have already been asking me when we can get some more. I think they are a huge hit and a great way to celebrate Oreo’s landmark birthday!
Oh, didn’t I promise there might be a present for my readers as well?
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win an Oreo prize pack that includes 2 boxes of Oreo Limited Edition and 2 boxes of Oreo Originals as well as an Oreo tote bag and Oreo keychain!
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
To enter the giveaway, visit the Oreo page and tell me which type of Oreo is your favourite (I’m a Double-Stuff fan myself!) (1 entry).
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): Happy birthday Oreo! #Win an Oreo prize pack! @ReviewCorner http://wp.me/p10r9i-1PM ends 04/06 CANADA
- Check out the entire line of Oreo products and tell me which one is your favourite (or you’d most like to try)! (1 entry)
- Follow Oreo Canada on Twitter – include your Twitter handle (1 entry)
- like Oreo’s Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- share this giveaway (use Reshare button on my Facebook fan page
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- follow me on Google+ (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, April 6th, 2012 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*