I’ve been a restless sleeper my whole life and, in the past decade, I’ve found it really challenging to get a good sleep. One consistent issue has been the fact that I’ve found myself waking up almost daily feeling really congested. To be honest, I had basically accepted as a fact of life and hadn’t given it a lot of thought.
I have recently realized, however, is that I hadn’t been thinking about the bedding and pillows in our bedroom in the right away. When I chose bedding, all I ever considered was what I thought would provide sheer comfort. When I looked at pillows, for example, all I thought about was whether the pillow was soft or firm and the size of my pillows.
What I’d never considered were dust mites! I’d heard about them before but I remember thinking that there were just some little things so small that I couldn’t see them – they really couldn’t make THAT big a difference, right? Well, I was wrong!
I learned that dust mites are microscopic relatives of spider that like to live in duvets, mattresses and pillows because these areas make a great home for them as they are warm and humid environments. And (as much as this information totally grosses me out!) dust mite droppings can become a real issue because people can inhale them while sleeping, causing respiratory passages to become inflamed and irritated creating a clogging in the lungs.
After I was done being grossed out by that fact, it really got me thinking. Could dust mites be playing a factor in my poor sleep?
I decided to try SmartSilk pillows to see if they would make a difference. I wanted to try them because I read that the difference with SmartSilk products is that exposure to allergens is reduced when the mattress and pillows are covered with certified mite-barrier fabrics. SmartSilk serves as a natural barrier and actually repels the mites. SmartSilk bedding products have been proven to kill dust mites by removing the heat and moisture the bugs need to survive. They are the first and only all natural bedding to be certified asthma & allergy friendly by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America and the Asthma Society of Canada.
I replaced the pillows on my bed with SmartSilk Pillows and I immediately noticed a difference!
First off, I found that the SmartSilk pillows are really comfortable and provide support but are soft at the same time – I hate when pillows are too firm and have no give to them!
I also noticed that I didn’t feel the pillows getting hot at all. Before getting SmartSilk pillows, I was constantly flipping my pillows in a quest to get a cool pillow but I don’t have to do that anymore. I discovered that SmartSilk Pillows also have Smart Temperature Advantage, which means that they are constantly, naturally and automatically adjusting to your body temperature, keeping your head and neck at the perfect temperature.
And, the best part of all, I have been waking up each day congestion-free!
I am so impressed with my SmartSilk pillows! My mom actually suffers from severe allergies and I may surprise her this Mother’s Day with some SmartSilk bedding because I think they could make her sleep better as well!
Giveaway: One reader from Canada or the US (excluding Quebec) will win two (2) SmartSilk Queen size pillows (a $120 value!).
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
To enter the giveaway, visit the SmartSilk website and tell me which item you’d most like to try (1 entry).
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): Sleep better! #Win a pair of @SmartSilk pillows ($120 value!) @ReviewCorner http://wp.me/p10r9i-1QV ends 04/13 CAN/US
- Check out all the benefits of SmartSilk Pillows and tell me why you think SmartSilk pillows will improve your sleep! (1 entry)
- like SmartSilk’s Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- Follow SmartSilk on Twitter – include your Twitter handle (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- share this giveaway (use Reshare button on my Facebook fan page
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, April 13th . Open to residents of Canada and the US (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*