Have you ever watched a movie that you loved so much that you wanted to keep watching it over and over again?
For Miss Eight, HOP is one of those movies! When the movie came out last year, she went and saw it with her grandparents and couldn’t stop raving about it! When she heard it was coming out on DVD (I’m always amazed at what kids hear!) she asked me a number of times if we could get the DVD as she wanted to see it again and she thought we’d love it as much as she did!
When the DVD arrived, she wanted to watch it right away and wasn’t very patient when I said we’d have to wait a couple of days. She kept putting it out by the TV and telling me we needed to watch it now! When we did get a chance to sit down and she it, she was so excited that she was practically bouncing off the walls!
Having never seen HOP (though obviously I’d heard great things about it!), I was keen to see if this movie would appeal to me as an adult and if it could also entertain Little One (as she can be a fickle movie critic!).
The movie is so funny! I love how HOP combines animation and human actors together! James Marsden is really funny as Fred, a young man who saw the Easter Bunny as a child and is trying to find his way in life. I absolutely adored the scenes on Easter Island (as a child I remember seeing the head on Easter Island and wanting to go there to see them!) and thought that the concept of the Easter Bunny living there and the workshop being hidden inside of one of the heads was incredibly brilliant! I also hadn’t realized that Kaley Couco (who I immediately recognized as Penny from The Big Bang Theory) was the movie – I think she is a great comedic actress so her role as Fred’s sister was an added bonus!
And Little One really liked the movie too! It kept her attention and she had a lot of questions (she was very concerned about the whereabouts of E.B.’s mommy!) but she appeared intrigued by the movie and is already asking when we can watch it again!
The Combo Pack, in addition to containing BluRay, DVD and digital download, also has a lot of bonus features. While we haven’t played them yet, I think the girls are going to enjoy them! They include:
- Phil’s Dance Party —An all-new mini-movie starring fan-favorite chicks Phil and Carlos. Phil eats so much candy that he crashes, leaving Carlos to perform a solo of the big dance finale…the Merengue!
- The World of HOP—Explore an interactive map of Easter Island to experience the making of HOP.
- All Access with Cody Simpson—The best-selling teenage heartthrob performs the film’s catchy theme song, “I Want Candy” and attends the HOP world premiere, his first Hollywood movie red carpet event.
- Russell Brand: Being the Bunny—A wacky look at what happens in Russell’s brain as he prepares to become THE Easter Bunny.
- Carlos on Carlos: The Premiere According to Carlos—Experience the world premiere of HOP from the POV of Carlos. Viewers are given a guided tour of the party, where they can meet celebs and see all the fun!
- Post Coup Commentary: Carlos & Phil Tell All—Actor Hank Azaria reveals the truth about Carlos’ and Phil’s relationship, and how they imagined Easter Island would be if their coup had been successful.
- E.B.’s Candy Challenge—The first one to the finish line in this virtual board game wins! There are some challenges along the way, including mini-games like Picture Challenge, 3 Egg Monte, and Candy Fix.
- Drum Along—E.B. can hit some tasty beats. Viewers compete to keep up with him as he plays a sequence of rhythms on four drums.
- Pink Beret Skill Tester—Fans can find out if they have what it takes to become a Pink Beret with the skill tester! Challenges will test memory, observations skills and logic as players earn the rank of Pink Beret, Carlos’ right hand chick, or Phil’s intern.
Want to win a copy for yourself?
Giveaway: Five (5) My Little Review Corner readers from Canada (excluding Quebec) will each win a HOP DVD combo pack!
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
To enter the giveaway, tell me who you’d watch HOP with if you won! (1 entry).
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): HOP provides hours of fun! Win 1 of 5 DVD combos this #Easter – http://wp.me/p10r9i-1S7 ends 04/20 CANADA ONLY @ReviewCorner
- Check out the HOP cast and tell me who is your favourite actor! (1 entry)
- Subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- Subscribe to Kidsumers’ RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- Subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- Subscribe to Kidsumers’ newsletter (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- ”like” Kidsumers’ Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- Share this giveaway (use Reshare button on my Facebook fan page
- Follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- Follow Kidsumers on Pinterest (1 entry)
- Follow me on Google+ (1 entry)
- Follow Kidsumers on Twitter (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
For another chance to win 1 of 5 copies of HOP, visit Kidsumers where you can enter another giveaway!
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, April 20th, 2012 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*