Yesterday was Friday and, for me, it has to be THE best day of the week! No worries about work, school and running around. Once I leave work on Friday, it is like taking a deep breath and getting a chance to relax and enjoy the weekend. I’m not the only one, am I?
By Friday night, though, I also tired and I have to admit that I’m never that excited about planning Friday dinners!
But it is as if Pizza Hut has read my mind! They’ve created a new meal option that allows me to switch my focus to other things besides planning dinner and instead I can focus on family fun time!
The experts at Pizza Hut also have some suggestions on how to make Friday Family Nights fun!
Add a little “extra cheese” to family night by setting a theme!
- Fancy Friday – everyone dresses up in their fanciest clothes
- PJ Party
- Lights Out Friday – see how long you can last using nothing but candlelight
- Favourite movie or book theme (I’m suddenly having visions of being dressed up like Dora or BackPack if Little One had her way!)
Phone a friend night!
Double your family for a night and let everyone invite a friend.
Family Story Telling
Try telling a group story at the dinner table. Have one person start a story, and then go around the table taking turns finishing it. A good story can produce countless family laughs and will be retold for years to come.
Family Movie Reviews
After watching a movie together, take turns pretending to be movie critics and reviewing what you thought of it. Who were your favourite characters? What was your favourite part?, etc.
Fun with Food – Custom Design Your Dessert
Making dessert as a family is a fun way to share a moment – cupcakes that need to be decorated or fruit kabobs are fun options.
Designate one or two Fridays a month as order-in nights. Mark these on the calendar, so that everyone can look forward to them.
This spring, Pizza Hut is making it easier for mom and dad to put a fun and delicious meal on the table with the new Pizza Hut Dinner Box. Available now until June 3, 2012, the Dinner Box packs an entire family friendly meal — appetizer, main course and dessert — into one convenient box!
Priced at just $19.99 the Pizza Hut Dinner Box includes: 10 signature WingStreet boneless chicken bites, ½ a PANormous Pizza and Chocolate Dunkers — a dessert kids will crave all the way from Saturday to Thursday.
Long story short, the Pizza Hut Dinner Box was a hit at my house! I loved the boneless chicken bites (as did the girls), the pizza disappeared so quickly I almost didn’t get a piece and the Chocolate Dunkers are amazing (we all love sweet treats here so they were a hit!). I’m also impressed with the price – at $19.99 it is a great option for feeding the whole family!
Want to try the Pizza Hut Dinner Box at your house?
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win a $50 gift card from Pizza Hut!
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter the giveaway, visit Pizza Hut video and tell me what topping your family would get them on their Panormous Pizza! (1 entry).
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): Canadians! #Win a $50 Pizza Hut gift card to try the new Dinner Box! @ReviewCorner @pizzahutcanada http://wp.me/p10r9i-1Y0 ends 05/25
- Check out the Pizza Hut menu and give me the name of another item you’d like to try on their menu (1 entry)
- “like” Pizza Hut Canada on Facebook – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- Follow Pizza Hut Canada on Twitter – include your Twitter handle (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- share this giveaway (use Reshare button on my Facebook fan page
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- follow me on Google+ (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, May 25th, 2012 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*