So, I’ve had this obsession with the idea of owning a Dyson Animal vacuum for a number of years. Why the Dyson Animal? Well, as you all know here, I tend to share confessions with you all (hey, it’s cheaper than therapy!) and it’s time for another one.
Are there pets in our house? Nope – no pets here.
So, you may be asking again, why is this woman so obsessed with the idea of having, not simply any Dyson vacuum, but a Dyson Animal in particular?
Three simple words – LONG THICK HAIR.
I’ve always had relatively long hair (it has ranged from shoulder-length to halfway down my back, depending on the time of year and style I choose to wear). No matter what length it is, however, I’ve always had a common problem. My hair loves to shed.
I know some of you are thinking that most people shed hair and you are correct. You haven’t, however, seen my hair. I have so much hair (one hairdresser told me my hair is so thick it was enough for 5 people!) that I’ve always found vacuuming to be a ridiculous challenge. With some vacuum cleaners, I have had to actually get on my hands and knees and clean the carpet with a scrub brush beforehand because I know, if I don’t, my hair will clog up the vacuum. I’ve also had some great vacuums which, sadly, just couldn’t deal with the volume of hair that I shed! It gets caught up in the rollers and I’ve had to actually cut it out in order to make the vacuum work.
That’s why I thought the Dyson DC43 Animal would be the perfect vacuum for me!
And what did I discover? It’s everything I thought I wanted in a vacuum and SO MUCH MORE (sorry – I’m not trying to yell at you here but I’m just so excited to have found the vacuum of my dreams!).
What makes the Dyson DC43 Animal so great?
First off, the Dyson Animal does something that no other vacuum I’ve owned has ever been able to accomplish – it has managed to get all the hair from the carpets and floors, thanks to its Radial Root Cyclone technology that produces the strongest suction power at the cleaner head. Not only does it remove all of the hair that likes to gather on the floors and stick to the carpet, it also allows me to get it off the furniture by using the Mini turbine head attachment that comes with it!
After getting so excited about the removal of hair, hair everywhere, I realized that the Dyson DC43 Animal does a lot more! I find that excess dust makes me feel stuffed up but, since using the Dyson Animal, I haven’t had that problem because it removes dust as well. It may sound funny, but the air actually is cleaner because my Dyson has removed so much dust from the carpets!
I also appreciated how lightweight the Dyson is. I wasn’t sure how heavy it would be but it is really light and easy to move around. In addition, I was impressed with how many accessories came with the Dyson Animal! Besides the Mini Turbine Head, it also came with a Stiff Bristle Brush, a Dyson Groom Tool and an Articulating Hard Floor Tool. Each piece is also quite small so it is easy to store them when they aren’t being used! I also know that emptying the Dyson DC43 Animal is quite easy as I have friends who actually already own their own. The funny thing is that, because the cannister is so large, I haven’t even had to do that yet (which is another plus in my book!).
Overall, I can’t believe how impressed I am with my Dyson DC43 Animal. It truly is everything I was looking for a vacuum to battle my shedding hair and much, much more (oh yeah…and it would be great for pet owners too!).
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win a Dyson DC43 Animal worth $699.99!.
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter the giveaway, check out the Dyson Canada website and tell me one Dyson feature that you like and why! (1 entry).
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): Canadians! #Win a #Dyson DC43 Animal Vacuum ($699.99 value) from MyLittleReviewCorner! @ReviewCorner http://wp.me/p10r9i-25P ends 07/20 #canwin
- Tell me why you specifically want to win a Dyson DC43 Animal after visiting the site (1 entry)
- ”like” Dyson’s Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- Sign up the for Dyson Canada newsletter (please include your email address if it is different than the one that appears with your entry) (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- share this giveaway (use Reshare button on my Facebook fan page)
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- NEW pin any of my recipe or weight-loss posts on Pinterest and share the link (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- follow me on Google+ (1 entry)
- NEW Share on Google+ (using the G+ button on the bottom of this post) – include your Google+ user name (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
- Enter one of the giveaways listed here (1 entry each – ongoing as links added and dates expire)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, July 20th, 2012 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*