Summer eating provides unique challenges for me because I want to strike a balance to eating healthy, avoiding the stove whenever possible (thank you slow cooker, microwave and BBQ!) and still making meals fun for the girls!
President’s Choice has taken into account that options are important for people like me and I’ve found that this summer PC has provided an amazing number of options!
I swear, if I told you everything I had to say about how much I am loving PC options this summer, I’d be writing for hours!
Check out some of the PC items I’ve found that we’ve been using to make healthy, and delicious meals!
My favourite items are the PC Turkey Breast Strips, PC Crispy Wraps and PC Lentil Hummus. Together, they make for really versatile meals! The girls really like having turkey breast sandwiches while I enjoy having the Turkey Breast Strips with Lentil Hummus in a Crispy Wrap (absolutely delicious!).
We’ve also tried a variety of PC Blue Menu Burgers, including the Lean Beef Burgers, the Sirloin Burgers and the Angus Burgers. Everyone agreed that the Blue Menu Angus Burgers are our favourite – they are juicy and flavourful and cook up really well on the bbq!
And, on a rainy summer day, we had a lot of fun trying out the new PC Cupcake Kit. Little One has started to enjoy helping in the kitchen so we decided to take on this project! She was impressed by the fact that there were sprinkles (she loves her bling!) and that the kit included both chocolate and vanilla cupcake mix.
Because we always like to mix things up a bit, she announced that she wanted us to be make “swirly” cupcakes so I made up both batters then poured one on top of the other and she swirled away!
She also wanted to change things up a bit with the icing so she asked me to put chocolate milk in the icing (instead of white milk). I must admit that I’m a bit of an icing snob, so I wasn’t sure what to expect in terms of flavour. I was really impressed (and it takes a LOT to impress me when it comes to icing!) because the icing was really flavourful – the flavour was really unique and it reminded me of a cross between a butter cream icing and a cream cheese icing. We were lucky that any of it actually made its way onto the cupcakes!
The end result were really fun (and funky!) cupcakes! We ended up taking some to Grandma and Grandpa’s house before they were gobbled up by everyone else. I would buy the PC Cupcake Kit in a heartbeat because it gave us an afternoon of fun, gave Little One a sense of accomplishment (she was so proud of her creations!) and the mixes, icing and even the sprinkles were really high quality so the finished product tasted great!
Since Little One had the chance to make cupcakes, Miss Eight couldn’t wait to get her hands on the PC S’mores Kit. Her Nana and Papa had given her a microwave S’mores holder so she put together the graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallow to make her S’mores, heated each one in the microwave and couldn’t wait to share them with everyone!
Both the PC Cupcake Kit and the PC S’mores Kit were huge hits with my girls!
Want a chance to try some of these awesome President’s Choice products for yourself?
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win a $10 Zehrs grocery gift card!
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter the giveaway, tell me which product you are most interested in trying from the 2012 Summer Insider’s Report. (1 entry).
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): Check out the Summer Insider’s Report & #Win a Zehr’s gift card! @ReviewCorner @preschoice http://wp.me/p10r9i-27W ends 08/03 CANADA #canwin
- Visit the President’s Choice website and tell me where you can buy PC products in your area (1 entry)
- follow President’s Choice on Twitter (1 entry)
- ”like” President’s Choice’s Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- share this giveaway (use Reshare button on my Facebook fan page
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- NEW pin any of my recipe or weight-loss posts on Pinterest and share the link (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- follow me on Google+ (1 entry)
- NEWShare on Google+ (using the G+ button on the bottom of this post) – include your Google+ user name (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, August 3rd, 2012 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*