I was pretty excited when I received Chicken Soup for the Soul: Say Hello to a Better Body!. As many of you know, I’ve been working on getting healthier and losing weight this year and I thought this book would be a perfect motivator!
Then I read the subtitle “Weight Loss and Fitness for Women Over 50” and, for a moment, I was a bit bummed out. I’m only 40 (it’s really nice to say “ONLY 40” by the way!) so I didn’t know if this book would be particularly helpful to me!
I quickly discovered, however, that many parts of this book still applied to me! While I haven’t had hot flashes (thank goodness – I’ve heard about those so I’m happy to say it doesn’t apply to me yet) there are some great inspirational stories that I think are amazing for anyone struggling with weight loss at any age!
Weight Loss and Fitness for Women Over 50
Inspiring Chicken Soup for the Soul stories and accessible leading-edge medical information from Dr. Suzanne Koven of Harvard Medical School. Women over 50 fight menopause, creaky joints, busy lives, and other factors that interfere with their quests for weight control and fitness. These advice-filled stories from women over 50 who have figured out how to get fit are combined with Dr. Koven’s practical advice and medical information. You won’t have any more excuses!em>
Giveaway: Three (3) readers from Canada or the US (excluding Quebec) will each win a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Say Hello to a Better Body!
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter the giveaway, tell me why you’d like to win a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Say Hello to a Better Body! (1 entry).
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet):#Win 1 of 3 copies Chicken Soup for the Soul:Say Hello to a Better Body! CAN/US http://wp.me/p10r9i-2b7 08/31 @ReviewCorner #canwin
- Visit the Chicken Soup for the Soul website and tell me the name of another title you’d like to read! (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- share this giveaway (use Reshare button on my Facebook fan page
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- NEW pin any of my recipe or weight-loss posts on Pinterest and share the link (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- follow me on Google+ (1 entry)
- NEWShare on Google+ (using the G+ button on the bottom of this post) – include your Google+ user name (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, August 31st, 2012 . Open to residents of Canada and the US (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*