There are times when I swear that Chicken Soup for the Soul knows exactly what I need! When I was dealing with a lot of stress, I read their book on Stress Management. Then, with my weight-loss program, I got some amazing tips from the Weight Loss book. And now that I’m dealing with back pain – Chicken Soup for the Soul: Say Goodbye to Back Pain appears. It is bizarre (but in a great way!).
When I started working out in earnest, I discovered something very strange that I’d never experienced before. During my workouts, I would feel great. I might have a bit of the “burn” from doing a bazillion squats, but nothing major. Then, when I’d return home, I’d notice a sharp pain near my tailbone! I quickly realized that I’d somehow developed lower back pain.
Because I’d never had this problem before, I wasn’t sure how to prevent it or how to make it better when it flared up (surprisingly, simply saying over and over, “My back hurts!” doesn’t actually help!).
How to Handle Flare-ups, Injuries, and Everyday Back Health
Inspiring Chicken Soup for the Soul stories and accessible leading-edge medical information from Dr. Julie Silver of Harvard Medical School. Many people suffer from back pain. The lucky ones have occasional flare-ups and the unlucky ones have chronic issues. This book is filled with great advice on how to care for your back, recover from injuries, improve your mobility, handle pain, manage chronic problems, and maintain a positive attitude.
This book is amazing! In addition to sharing stories of individuals dealing with back pain, there are great tips about how to avoid developing back pain and how to deal with injuries – which is just what I was looking for!
I appreciate Chicken Soup for the Soul: Say Goodbye to Back Pain more than I can put into words. It has helped me deal with an issue that was new to me and (hopefully) something I’ll be able to avoid in the future!
Giveaway: Three (3) readers from Canada or the US (excluding Quebec) will each win a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Say Goodbye to Back Pain
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter the giveaway, tell me why you’d like to win a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Say Goodbye to Back Pain (1 entry).
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet):#Win 1 of 3 copies Chicken Soup for the Soul:Say Goodbye to Back Pain CAN/US http://wp.me/p10r9i-2ep 09/07 @ReviewCorner #canwin
- Visit the Chicken Soup for the Soul website and tell me the name of another title you’d like to read! (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- share this giveaway (use Reshare button on my Facebook fan page
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- NEW pin any of my recipe or weight-loss posts on Pinterest and share the link (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- follow me on Google+ (1 entry)
- NEWShare on Google+ (using the G+ button on the bottom of this post) – include your Google+ user name (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, September 7, 2012 . Open to residents of Canada and the US (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*