Growing up, we didn’t have traditional pets. My mom had allergies, including pet hair, so we had lots of fish (LOTS of fish!) as well as some hamsters. I developed a love for animals, though, because my aunt had a dog that she treated just like a child. I can remember going out on runs with her dog, taking her dog through the drive-thru (I’m serious!) and realizing, at a young age, that animals make amazing companions and are as loving as people!
Because of my experiences growing up, I think that Cruelty-Free Make-Up is incredibly important. The last thing I want to do is buy make-up knowing that animals may have been hurt so that I can look good! So I was really impressed when I learned that The Body Shop has introduced a new, limited edition make-up range (called Cruelty Free Make-Up) that is perfect for the summer!
Celebrating The Body Shop Against Animal Testing ethos, Cruelty Free Make-Up is being launched with The Body Shop new Global Brand Advocate, model, actor and activist, Lily Cole.
Not only are these products animal-friendly, I also like them because the quality of them are obvious and they provide a stunning, natural look! I enjoy wearing makeup but I find it challenging sometimes because it is hard to get a soft, natural look that I strive for as part of my daytime look. With Lily Cole Collection, however, that hasn’t been an issue because the products are light enough for my daytime look but also allow me to glam them up for an evening look too (I love versatility!).
I received a number of different products that constitute the Lily Cole “Pink Revolution Look”.
Normally, I would tell you which products are my favourites but, in this case, I adore them all! The Pearl Radiance Primer is light and has a slight shimmer to it so I think it enhances my natural skin tones without looking too “made up”. The Lip & Cheek Dome is cool because it’s unlike any product I’ve used before and it is so easy! There is no brush required (though you can use a lip brush if you like) and you can literally apply it directly to your cheeks or lips and then rub it to get the effect you desire! And the Shimmer Cubes? Gorgeous! I love the colour palette that runs from pinks to violets because they suit my fair skin well (and they last all day so I don’t even need to touch them up!).
Because there are a variety of shades, I can keep them light during the day and then itensify them if we go out in the evening. The neatest thing for me is the Liquid Eyeliner. I’d never tried Liquid Eyeliner before but I discovered it is easy to use and stays put a lot better than the cream liners I’ve used before! And the Hi Shine Lip Treatments are pretty and tasty (I can’t put my finger on the flavour but it has a berry taste and is very lickable!).
I think the greatest thing is that I haven’t had to compromise quality in order to get cruelty-free makeup products. It is a win/win because I know that I look great wearing makeup from this line and I know that animals have been protected in the development of them. What could be better than that?
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win an amazing basket, similar to the one that I reviewed, filled with products from The Body Shop’s Lily Cole Collection with a value of over $100!
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter the giveaway, check out the Lily Cole Collection from The Body Shop and tell me which product from this collection you’d most like to try (saw another product from the collection in-store? Feel free to mention it instead)! (1 entry).
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): Beauty with a conscience! #Win $100 cruelty-free beauty package from @TheBodyShopCA CANADA http://wp.me/p10r9i-2eB 09/14 @ReviewCorner #canwin
- Tell me why using cruelty-free makeup is important to you (and why you’d like to win!)
- ”like” The Body Shop Canada’s Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- follow The Body Shop Canada on Twitter – include your Twitter handle (1 entry)
- follow The Body Shop Canada on Pinterest (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- share this giveaway (use Reshare button on my Facebook fan page
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- pin any of my recipes or weight-loss posts on Pinterest and share the link (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- follow me on Google+ (1 entry)
- Share on Google+ (using the G+ button on the bottom of this post) – include your Google+ user name (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, September 14, 2012 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*