With the new school year starting soon, it seems like there are so many things to buy and, with each one, so many different choices!
Miss Eight needed new gym shoes (or “runners” as we tend to call them). I think it is important to get a quality pair of shoes because she loves to play sports and run around so they have be durable but also fit her feet well and provide support!
As I discovered, New Balance brought out the 689 Kids Collection this summer. I’ve always been impressed with the quality of my New Balance shoes and I know that the Kids Collection are made with a mix of leather and mesh upper package and Abzorb cushioning, which I thought would be good for Miss Eight’s feet as they allow her feet to breathe as well as providing some support when she’s running around! And with a non-marking, rubber cup outsole, she won’t be leaving marks where ever she goes (which is a major bonus!).
Miss Eight loves her new shoes! We got them a bit big so that she can grow into them (she seems to be growing like a weed these days) and they still fit her comfortably. She said that she likes the style, the colour and the design – high praise from this fashionista! I also like the elasticized option so I won’t have to worry about her laces coming undone and the potential hazards associated with that!
New Balance’s 689 Kids Collection are available at stores nationwide with a prices ranging from $39.95 (for infant/pre-school children sizes 2-5 and 5.5-10) to $54.95 (for youth sizes 7-10.5). And, though we didn’t need this option, they are also available in width sizes.
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win a pair of shoes from the 689 Kids Collection (shoes will be based on age, gender and shoe size of child provided by winner).
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter the giveaway, check out the New Balance website and give me the name of a pair of shoes you think your kids would love (or ones you’d love for yourself!) (1 entry).
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): Head back to school in style! #Win a pair of New Balance 689 shoes! Canada @ReviewCorner @NewBalanceCan http://wp.me/p10r9i-2fP 09/21 #canwin
- Check out New Balance’s About Us page and tell me something you learned about them (1 entry)>
- Follow New Balance Canada on Twitter – include Twitter handle (1 entry)
- Like New Balance Canada on Facebook – include Facebook name (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- share this giveaway (use Reshare button on my Facebook fan page
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- pin any of my recipes or weight-loss posts on Pinterest and share the link (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- follow me on Google+ (1 entry)
- Share on Google+ (using the G+ button on the bottom of this post) – include your Google+ user name (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, September 7th, 2012 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age. New Balance reserves the right to substitute model if necessary.*