As I know many of you who have been hanging out with me over the past couple of years know, last year I started trying to develop a relationship with cooking. I realized that cooking at home is a great choice because it is easy to control the flavours (and the calories!) of the meals we’re eating!
I’ve been cooking with Club House Gravy Mixes for quite some time (that’s a huge understatement as I could eat gravy with almost anything!) and I’m excited that I’ll be trying the 25% Less Salt Gravy Mixes, but I only recently found about Club House’s Flavourful Recipe Mixes. As soon as I saw them, I realized that they are designed for cooks of all levels, even aspiring novice cooks like me!
The variety of Flavourful Mixes is pretty phenomenal! They include:
- Flavourful Creamy Parmesan Chicken Penne
- Flavourful Herbes de Provence Roasted Chicken
- Flavourful Hickory BBQ Ribs Recipe Mix
- Flavourful Lemon Ginger Beef Stir-fry Recipe Mix
- Flavourful Lemon Thyme Pork Recipe Mix
- Flavourful Tuscan Chicken Recipe Mix
My biggest dilemma? Which one did I want to try first!
When I checked out the variety of recipes on the Club House website, the answer hit me — I was going to make meat loaf! I decided to make my own variation of Club House’s Hickory BBQ Southwest Meat Loaf (you can find the original Hickory BBQ Southwest Meat Loaf recipe here) – I’m a sucker for meatloaf and I love Tex-Mex flavours so I couldn’t wait to give it a try!
My Little Review Corner’s Tex-Mex Meat Loaf (based on Club House’s Hickory BBQ Southwest Meat Loaf recipe)
1/2 cup (125 mL) corn salsa
3 tbsp. tomato paste
1 tbsp. ketchup
1 pkg (28 g) Club House Hickory BBQ Ribs Flavourful Recipe Mix
1 cup (250 mL) frozen niblet corn
1 cup (250 mL) finely diced onions
1 cup (250 mL) finely diced carrots
½ cup (125 mL) water
½ cup (125 mL) dry, fine bread crumbs
1 package (340 grams) vegetarian ground round (vegetarian alternative to ground beef)
½ pound (500 grams) lean ground pork
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In large bowl, combine combine corn salsa, tomato paste and ketchup and stir vigorously until all ingredients are combined. To the mixture, add Club House Hickory BBQ Ribs Flavourful Recipe Mix, corn, onions, carrots, water and bread crumbs. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together vegetarian ground round and lean ground pork until they are thoroughly mixed. Add mixture of other ingredients to the protein and knead lightly to incorporate seasoning and vegetables.
4. Press mixture firmly into lightly greased 9 x 5 inch (23 x 13 cm) loaf pan. Place pan on baking sheet.
5. Place in middle rack of oven. Bake for 1¼ hours or until internal temperature reaches 170°F (77°C).
While I absolutely love this recipe (and realized how easy the Club House Hickory BBQ Ribs Flavourful Recipe Mix is to use!), I realized that this meatloaf isn’t for the girls because it is too spicy – mostly because of the spicy corn salsa that I added! The girls have told me that we should make chili next (as they are both huge fans of chili) and I think they’ll like the Flavourful Creamy Parmesan Chicken Penne as well!
If you want to try out some of great seasonings, check out the Club House website as, in the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving, you can get a printable Buy any 2 Club House Gravies and get 1 Club House Flavourful Free! coupon. And, while you are at the Club House website, you might want to sign up to become a Club House Insider as well, because Club House members will be able to enter a contest to win a prize valued at $1000!
And that’s not all! You can also win a great prize from Club House here!
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win a $50 gift card and a Club House prize pack!
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter the giveaway, check out the full line of Club House products and tell me which two you’d most like to try! (1 entry).
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): Spice up UR meals& #win a $50 giftcard & #ClubHouseRecipeMix prizepack with @MC_Canada @ReviewCorner http://wp.me/p10r9i-2oU ends 10/10 #canwin
- Check out all of Club House’s recipes and tell me which one you’d most like to make!
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- share this giveaway (use Reshare button on my Facebook fan page
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- pin any of my recipes or weight-loss posts on Pinterest and share the link (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, October 10th, 2012 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age. You can also enter on as many blogs as you want, but you can only win once.*
**Disclosure – I am participating in the Club House Flavourful Recipe Mixes Blog Tour by Mom Central Canada on behalf of McCormick. I received compensation as a thank you for participating and for sharing my honest opinion. The opinions on this blog (as always!) are my own. **