When I first heard about Nancy Pearl’s Book Lust Rediscoveries collection, I must admit that I laughed out loud. Why? Well, I am one of those people who has a tendency to collect random pieces of information and retain them. So, when I read about Nancy Pearl’s “Book Lust Rediscoveries” I chuckled because I actually know who Nancy Pearl is!
In case you don’t know, Nancy Pearl is a rather famous librarian (so much so, in fact, that she even has her own action figure!). Among her accolades is that she was named the 2011 Librarian of the Year Award from Library Journal. She has also published a series of books connected with “Book Lust”.
Now Amazon Publishing and Nancy Pearl are sharing Nancy’s favourite previously out-of-print books! Book Lust Rediscoveries is a series devoted to reprinting some of the best (and now out of print) novels originally published between 1960-2000. Each book is personally selected by Nancy Pearl and includes an introduction by her, as well as discussion questions for book groups and a list of recommended further reading.
I was quite excited to check out these books as they were new to me and, as you know, I’m an avid reader! The featured books are: The Last Night at the Ritz by Elizabeth Savage, Fool by Frederick G. Dillen, After Life by Rhian Ellis and A Gay and Melancholy Sound by Merle Miller.
The books really show a range of different stories and styles. From introspective novels that tie closely with relationships (The Last Night at the Ritz and Fool) to a strong suspense novel (After Life) and a social commentary (A Gay and Melancholy Sound). Though there are some differences, the books all share common elements — they have great character development (which is the key to any book for me!).
I’m so glad that Nancy Pearl chose these novels because it exposed me to some novels I’d never heard of before and I enjoyed each one! I can’t wait to see the next choices for Book Lust Rediscoveries!
Giveaway: One reader from Canada or the US (excluding Quebec) will win the four books in the Book Lust Rediscovered collection (a $40 value).
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter the giveaway, check out the Book Lust Rediscoveries collection and tell me which book you’d most like to read (1 entry).
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet):#Win the Book Lust Rediscoveries collection CANADA/US http://wp.me/p10r9i-2qO ends 11/17 @ReviewCorner
- Tell me something you learned about Nancy Pearl. (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- pin any of my recipes or weight-loss posts on Pinterest and share the link (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
- add this giveaway to any contest site or linky – share the link with me (1 entry per addition – unlimited entries
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Saturday, November 17th, 2012 . Open to residents of Canada and the US (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*