Last week was a bit of a gongshow (yes, I know you all missed me tremendously!) and, in the middle of everything, I realized that I forgot to post my Starting Strong Monday post! So, without further ado, I’m going to let you know how I’m doing (down 4 pounds over the past 2 weeks and now over 40 pounds lost!!) and share a new snack idea with you!
Snacking brings its own unique challenges. I want snacks that are healthy, snacks that are tasty, snacks that the girls will also enjoy (and, ideally, be able to take to school) and snacks that I can share with friends and relatives when they stop by to visit.
Am I asking too much? Well, I thought that perhaps I was until recently. Then I discovered Oh! Naturals. When I first saw them, I remember thinking, “Oh….they are just banana chips” but then I noticed that they come in a wide variety of flavours! From Chocolate and Vanilla to Strawberry and Melon, they actually combine banana chips with another flavour to add to the experience!
And, as if they had read my mind (which would have been scary for them!), I found that Oh! Naturals recognizes the importance of healthy snack ideas. They suggest that Oh! Naturals can be used in the following ways, including:
- in cereal;
- in baking;
- with granola;
- snack with wine;
- in oatmeal;
- with fruit dips;
- in yogurts;
- garnishes for cakes;
- in ice cream;
- as an anytime snack; or
- in salads.
We tried 3 different flavours of Oh! Naturals Flavoured Banana Chips — Chocolate, Strawberry and Natural. I decided that we should also let some other people in my family try them out, so we shared them too.
When the girls gave them a try, they both really liked them though they had different favourites (Little One liked Chocolate, Miss Eight prefered Natural while Grownup Girl said she liked all of the flavours). My favourite was also Chocolate with Strawberry coming in a close second. I liked the fact that they flavours were pure and natural-tasting (I find that sometimes strawberry-infused items can taste artificial, but that wasn’t the case here!). I’m glad the girls like them because they are an excellent healthy snack alternative at home and, because they are peanut-free, the girls can also take them to school!
I was interested to see what my parents thought about them. My dad can’t eat things that are really hard so I wasn’t sure if he’d be able to eat them. He really liked them! He said that, unlike other types of banana chips he has tried, Oh! Naturals are slightly softer which makes them a great choice for him! My mom also liked the Natural flavour and said that she plans on incorporating them chocolate-chip cookies the next time she makes them.
I also shared some Oh! Naturals with my cousin, who has Celiac Disease and can only eat gluten-free foods. Because Oh! Naturals are a gluten-free product, I knew that they were an option for her. She said she liked them as well and can’t wait until she can buy them in Ontario!
You can find Oh! Naturals at Safeway stores across Canada, Coop and Sobey stores in Western Canada. Starting next year, Oh Naturals! will also be available Bulk Barn stores nationwide (Yeah!)!
Want to try Oh! Naturals Flavoured Banana Chips for yourself?
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will prize pack that includes of a variety of different flavours of Oh! Naturals Flavoured Banana Chips(a $50 value)
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter the giveaway, check out Oh! Naturals’ wide variety of flavoursand tell me which one you’d like to try the most! (1 entry)
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet):CANADA!Healthy&Tasty! #Win an Oh!Naturals flavoured banana chips prize pack! http://wp.me/p10r9i-2rn ends 11/24 @ReviewCorner @flavourbanana
- Tell me why you’d like to win Oh! Naturals! (1 entry)
- Follow Oh! Naturals on Twitter (1 entry)
- “like” Oh! Naturals’ Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- pin any of my recipes or weight-loss posts on Pinterest and share the link (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
- add this giveaway to any contest site or linky – share the link with me (1 entry per addition – unlimited entries
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Saturday, November 24th, 2012 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*