Do you have a bucket list? I’ve always kept one on in my mind but I recently started writing down the things that I want to do before the end of my life. One of the things on my bucket list is to take my love of baking as a child and master a number of different (and complex) recipes!
I was lucky because I learned how to bake when I was really young (and I love the fact that the girls are also learning to bake with my mom). Some of my fondest memories took place in the kitchen, making cakes, muffins and other baked treats. Over the years, however, I lost these skills because I hadn’t baked for so long.
Since I began working to lose weight and follow a healthier lifestyle, I’ve been following many healthy food blogs and, while I’ve been inspired to try some recipes, I’ve been held back by a lack of time and tools. There is nothing worse than trying to put together a recipe that involves multiple steps and tools while having very little to help you out! But that’s where KitchenAid comes in!
KitchenAid has solved that problem my problems and frustrations with their Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer. It has a lot of features that address common issues, including:
- a 325 watt motor (which is really powerful!);
- 10 speed control (allowing you to mix as slowly, or as quickly, as you’d like!);
- durable all-metal construction;
- coated dough hook, 6-wire whip (which I can’t wait to use to beat egg whites!) and coated flat beater attachments; and
- a 5-quart stainless steel bowl.
You can also buy some very cool attachments that can expand the ways in which you can use your KitchenAid Mixer (I was eyeing the Rotor Slicer/Shredder attachment as well as the Pasta Roller attachment to make my own pasta!). I love the fact that I can use the KitchenAid Artisan for so many different things because it will cut down on my growing desire to get a number of different devices!
And, because I have a bit of an obsession about matching everything , KitchenAid has designed their mixers in 19 different colours! From black to Cornflower Blue, Persimmon to Silver Metallic (which I adore!), the possibilities are amazing!
I’ve never been so excited to make Christmas dinner as I am this year and I’m even going to do some healthy baking, thanks to KitchenAid!.
You can win a KitchenAid Stand Mixer of your own!
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win a KitchenAid Stand Mixer in the winner’s choice of colours [based on availability] (a $499.99 value!).
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter the giveaway, go to www.KitchenAidColourology.ca and take the personality quiz to determine which KitchenAid Stand Mixer colour is right for you. Come back and tell me which colour is the perfect one for you (1 entry).
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet):The perfect Foodie #gift – #win a KitchenAid Stand Mixer ($499 value!) CANADA http://wp.me/p10r9i-2s3 ends 11/12 @ReviewCorner #Christmas
- Tell me which one of the Stand Mixer Attachments and Accessories on the KitchenAid website you’d like to get for your Mixer if you won! (1 entry)
- “like” KitchenAid Canada’sFacebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- pin any of my recipes or weight-loss posts on Pinterest and share the link (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
- add this giveaway to any contest site or linky – share the link with me (1 entry per addition – unlimited entries
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Monday, November 12th, 2012 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*