If you have been following my blog for any length of time, you will know that I’m a tv fanatic (and I think that is actually a huge understatement!). I love watching all types of shows (especially crime dramas) while my husband is a huge fan of historical programs in all their forms.
So how do we reconcile our differences? By finding shows that match both of our interests — and The Borgias gives us the best of both worlds!
The best description I’ve ever heard to describe The Borgias is “the original crime family”. Set in 15th century Italy at the height of the Renaissance, “The Borgias” is the compelling and unflinching saga of one of the most remarkable and notorious families in history.
This series reminds me of a combination of historical fiction (like the series Rome) and classic crime dramas (like The Sopranos).
If that wasn’t enough, I’m doubly impressed because the series is Canadian (Season 1 actually won a Gemini Award for Best Drama!) and that fact that it boasts an amazing cast led by the iconic Jeremy Irons.
Having enjoyed the first series, it will be exciting to see what the second series of The Borgias has to offer!
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win a pair of boxsets – The Borgias Season 1 Uncut and The Borgias Season 2 Uncut (a $110 value).
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter the giveaway, tell me why you’d like to win The Borgias boxsets! (1 entry).
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet):The original crime family – #Win The Borgias Seasons 1&2 ($110 value) ends 12/07 http://wp.me/p10r9i-2tX CANADA
- Tell me who you’d watch The Borgias with (or give The Borgias to) if you won! (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- pin any of my recipes or weight-loss posts on Pinterest and share the link (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
- add this giveaway to any contest site or linky – share the link with me (1 entry per addition – unlimited entries
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, December 7th, 2012 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*