Looking back on my childhood, I was really lucky. Though I grew up on a small town, my playmates included a number of kids from different countries and I learned a lot about different cultures and I think my experiences shaped me into the person that I am today.
For that reason, I think it is important for the girls to learn about cultural diversity.
I already knew the Hearts for Hearts Girls were going to be a big hit because Little One and Miss Eight had seen them on tv and had been telling me about how much they wanted some of these dolls!
I think the Heart for Hearts Girls are an amazing way to encourage creative play while also exposing children to other cultures and providing teachable moments (and I am a sucker for beautiful dolls!). The girls have been playing with Nahji from India and I’ve been amazed at how much I’ve been able to teach them!
The first thing Little One noticed, for example, was the doll’s henna tattoos. It gave me the chance to explain what they were and why Nahiji had them. Miss Eight, on the other hand, had a lot of questions about Nahiji’s clothing and the fact that Nahiji has her nose pierced which I was able to explain.
I love the fact that the dolls are incredibly diverse, from Tipi from Laos to Dell from the US. I would love to see the line expanded into even more girls from more countries! I also appreciate the fact that a portion of each sale goes to World Vision Canada.
I am incredibly impressed with Heart for Hearts Dolls — they are great quality, strikingly beautiful and they provide an ideal opportunity to share other cultures with kids!
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win a Heart for Hearts Doll!
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter the giveaway, have a look at all fo the Hearts for Hearts Girls and tell me which one is your favourite! (1 entry).
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): Beautiful girls from around the world- #win a Hearts for Hearts Girl! @ReviewCorner http://wp.me/p10r9i-2up CANADA ends 12/07
- Tell me what you like the most about the Hearts for Hearts Girls (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- pin any of my recipes or weight-loss posts on Pinterest and share the link (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
- add this giveaway to any contest site or linky – share the link with me (1 entry per addition – unlimited entries
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, December 7, 2012 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*