I’ve also loved the idea of gift cards as presents. I tend to be a very selective person (yes, you can translate that into “picky” but I prefer “selective”!) — I don’t generally have a huge list of items that I want but when I do know what I want, I have very specific expectations.
Gift cards also eliminate the questions that I find whirring around in my head when I’m choosing gifts (especially for the men in my life because most are as “selective” as I am!). When I’m choosing a gift I find myself second-guessing myself and worrying if I’ve chosen the right thing. With gift cards, my concerns are eleviated because I know the person receiving it will be able to get exactly what they want!
I was first introduced to CardSwap when they appeared on Dragon’s Den with an idea that was unique. Sharing their concept of buying and selling gift cards, they enticed the Dragons into securing a deal with them!
So how does CardSwap work? The key lies in their Swap Points system. For every card that you buy, you also amass Swap Points. Once you have collected 1 000 points, you can redeem it for a $10 gift card. You can redeem every time you reach 1 000 points or you can save the points and get multiple cards at once!
Buying a gift card on CardSwap is incredibly easy! After you register (which literally takes about 30 seconds to do – I love easy!), you simply click on the “Buy” tab and then you can look through the available cards. If you so desire, you can also see which cards are in transit or you can narrow down your choices by category.
With many coffee fiends in my family, I decided to check out the Tim Hortons gift cards and found one that I wanted and proceeded to the checkout. I was pleased to see that not only could I pay with my credit card or by debit but I also had the option to use PayPal, which is really convenient!
After ordering, the card arrived within days so I was able to tuck it away as the perfect gift for my Dad!
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win a $50 credit from CardSwap!
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter the giveaway, check out cards you can buy at Cardswap and tell me which one you’d like to buy with your credit if you win!! (1 entry).
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet):Canadians! #Win a $50 credit from @cardswap to buy the perfect gift card! @ReviewCorner http://wp.me/p10r9i-2vg ends 12/14
- Tell me what gift card you’d most like to see added to Cardswap. (1 entry)
- ”like” Cardswap’s Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- Follow Cardswap on Twitter – include your Twitter handle (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- pin any of my recipes or weight-loss posts on Pinterest and share the link (1 entry per post – unlimited entries). To be considered, pins must be made DURING the duration of the giveaway.
- add this giveaway to any contest site or linky – share the link with me (1 entry per addition – unlimited entries
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, December 14th . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age. Please note other Terms & Conditions.*