I have this little “thing” about food (don’t try and tell me that you haven’t noticed!) and The Healthy Shopper’s Fall Picks has provided my family with some amazing options that I’m planning on using this holiday season!
I’ve been a fan of The Healthy Shopper for a number of years — I’ve been picking up their coupon book at my local health food store for a number of years and I appreciate the fact that I can now get coupons from them as well. Healthy eating doesn’t have to be expensive and The Healthy Shopper is helping to make it even better!
With 11 different varieties, Simply Natural salad dressings really have something for every palate! My mom was excited because their Creamy Caesar Dressing contains no anchovies (something my mom has never been able to find before!) and said it was great to be able to finally enjoy a Caesar salad again! Ever since my local grocery store stopped carrying their house variety of Honey Mustard Dressing, which was my favourite, I’ve never found one that could compare — until now it is! And I found that using the Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette as a marinate for pork adds some great flavour! I’m also saving some varieties for the holiday dinner table and I think that some of these dressings will be a great addition to a gift basket for one of my foodie friends!
I was also impressed that there were some products I could share with my cousin. She has a severe allergy to gluten so I’m always on the hunt for products to help her out (I can’t help it — she’s my favourite cousin, though don’t tell the others!). I know it has been a challenge for her and she always appreciates suggestions about products she hasn’t tried. When I learned that San-J’s Asian sauces were gluten-free, I knew I’d want to share them with her!
And I learned some things too! Did you know that regular soy sauce generally contains 40-60% wheat? I know that I didn’t!
While I tried the Orange Sauce, which tastes so good on chicken and rice, she tried the Teryaki Sauce as well as the Tamari and Tamari Sesame Salad Dressing. Her response? She enjoyed them all! She said that her favourite was the Teryaki Sauce and she was really excited that she could now enjoy a gluten-free alternative to soy sauce thanks to San-J’s Tamari sauce!
And the greatest gift for myself this holiday season? The Unjunk Your Junk Food book! I really love snacking but I’m always looking for healthier options and Unjunk Your Junk Food shows me how I can make those choices! By putting products side by side with their nutrition labels I can see how these snacks compare. Even with the same amount of calories and fat, for example, one product is a better choice for me because it has less salt, while others have substantially less calories or fat or contain ingredients that are less processed. It has been a really enlightening read for me and I’ve already started incorporating what I’ve learned into my snack choices!
So whether you want to treat yourself with amazing organic options, put together a gift basket for a foodie friend or something looking for gluten-free options, you can get them all!
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win a set of Simply Natural Salad Dressings, a variety of San-J Asian cooking sauces, and a copy of Unjunk Your Junk Food, all in a great reusable shopping bag courtesy of Healthy Shopper! ($70 value)
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter the giveaway, visit The Healthy Shopper and tell me one thing you learned about them (1 entry).
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): Healthy Holiday Eating can Taste Great! Canadians, #win a $70 healthy food prize pack! @ReviewCorner http://wp.me/p10r9i-2zz ends 12/28
- Because I appreciate the inspiration, tell me one thing you are planning to do to make your family’s holiday meals healthier. (1 entry)
- ”like” The Healthy Shopper’s Facebook fan page(or tell me that you already do – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- ”like” San-J’s Facebook fan page(or tell me that you already do – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- pin any of my recipes or weight-loss posts on Pinterest and share the link (1 entry per post – unlimited entries).To be considered, pins must be made DURING the duration of the giveaway.
- add this giveaway to any contest site or linky – share the link with me (1 entry per addition – unlimited entries
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, December 28th, 2012 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age. Please note other Terms & Conditions.*