One of my biggest goals this year (which I’ll talk more about when I share my list of goals for 2013 with you all!) is the reach my goal weight. Having lost a significant amount of weight in 2012, I want 2013 to be the year when I can finally mark that goal with a large checkmark!
I’ve gone to Canadian Tire numerous times to pick up equipment that I wanted to help me with my weight loss journey. From a treadmill to a fitness DVD, I appreciate the fact that Canadian Tire has everything that I’ve needed to help me with my weight loss in 2012!
And because it is often said that the #1 resolution of Canadians year after year is to improve their fitness, Canadian Tire has developed a list of “fitness profiles” to help people figure out what kind of regimen might be best suited for them.
Which profile matches your lifestyle?
The Yogi: Life is tough and everyone needs to make some time to unwind. Why not improve physical fitness while relaxing? Many Canadians agree that Yoga is the best way to get fit and also decrease tension. Canadian tire features a wide assortment of Yoga gear and accessories (such as the PurAthletics Yoga Mat, Shock Athletic Foam Yoga Block and the Shock Athletic Non-Slip Yoga Towel to help with perfecting those downward dogs! (I want to take up yoga this year because I think it is a great way to develop a number of skills that I am lacking!).
The Serious Competitor: Canadian winters can really interfere with training schedules. Canadian Tire has all kinds of indoor fitness equipment that a serious competitor would need to train all-year round. Whether it is preparing for a marathon or a road race, items such treadmills and stationary bikes will help athletes cross the finish line in record time!
The Stress Reliever: Dealing with deadlines and day-to-day stress can be hard on the body. What better way to burn off some steam (and sweat) than with a few rounds in the ring? Unfortunately, most Canadians don’t have a boxing ring in their home but Canadian Tire can help with everything needed to train like a champ with all the necessary accessories, such as boxing gloves and punching bags. While I’ve never tried boxing in an actual ring, I have taken kickboxing classes and I absolutely love them — they are a great way to relieve stress in a positive way!
The Budget Conscious: Going to the gym can be a strain on the budget for many people because monthly fees can add up and discourage some people because they are so worried about the cost that it distracts them from reaching their fitness goals. The fix? Setting up an affordable gym at home! Canadian Tire offers free weights, barbells and weight stands needed to build a world-class gym in any type of living space! (I know I want to pick up a set of Kettle Bells)!
The Time Cruncher: With many people working longer days and commuting, it isn’t always easy to make it to that fitness class on time. Workout DVDs provide a fitness class experience without the hassle of rushing off to the gym. Canadian Tire has a wide range of the most popular fitness DVDs to help incorporate fitness into any schedule.
Healthy Eating: Incorporating healthy eating habits into your lifestyle can help improve overall energy, mood and recovery time when working out – and it doesn’t take much effort. Ensuring you have a few key products such as a blender to make healthy smoothies, Tupperware to carry snacks to keep you fuelled throughout the day and cookware to help with having nutritious meals ready after work are just a few ideas. Canadian Tire’s kitchen assortment is a great place to start. (I know that the set of Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids set has been invaluable in my weight loss journey because I pack my lunch with them every day!)
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win a Yoga Prize Pack from Canadian Tire that includes a Non-Slip Yoga Towel, a Shock Athletic foam yoga block and a studio-grade quality Purathletics Yoga Mat (a $70 value)
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter the giveaway, check out the “fitness profiles” above and tell me which regimen might be best suited for you in 2013! (1 entry).
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): Canadian Tire helps you reach your goals in style! #Win a Yoga Prize pack ($70 value)! @ReviewCorner @CanadianTire http://wp.me/p10r9i-2EF ends 01/25
- Check out Canadian Tire’s full range of Fitness & Wellness products and tell me which one you’d love to own! (1 entry)
- follow Canadian Tire on Twitter (or tell me that you already do) (1 entry)
- ”like” Canadian Tire’s Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- pin any of my recipes or weight-loss posts on Pinterest and share the link (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
- add this giveaway to any contest site or linky – share the link with me (1 entry per addition – unlimited entries
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, January 25th, 2013 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age. Please note other Terms & Conditions.*