This holiday season was a real struggle for me. I gained about 4 pounds. I know 2 things.
1. Sadly, I’ve gained more before over the holidays (I remember gaining 10 pounds on a 10 day holiday — I wish I was exaggerating!)!
2. If the holidays haven’t proven that I need routine in my life, I don’t know what does!
For years, I’ve bucked against routine. I always said I didn’t like it and wanted to be free-spirited.
Well – free-spirited equals weight gain in my world!
I’ve had to accept it and plan on the ways I can avoid anything that is going to take me away from my routine.
Here’s what I’ve done.
- I’ve packed up the portion of my lunch that I can put together and have them sitting in the cupboard. Each evening, I can pull it out, add the other elements I need (such as fruit and milk) and then stick it in the fridge to take with me to work.
- I’ve organized my work wardrobe for the week. Like my lunches, knowing that I don’t have to worry about what I’m going to wear makes life a lot easier in the mornings!
- I’ve set my schedule of gym visits for the week and I’ve laid out my gym clothes as well. When it is time to go to the gym after work, all I have to do is pop on the clothes I’ve laid out and I’m ready to roll!
Though these are all little things, by doing each thing in advance, it elminates morning stress, the possibility of making a poor choice at lunch with the excuse that I forgot to pack a lunch and wandering around when it’s time to go the gym and making excuses that I can’t find my workout gear.
Structure and no excuses = success in my life!
With a goal of 120 pounds by June 20th (yes, you heard it here first!), I’m back on track!