The past couple of years have been quite challenging. The biggest struggle that I’ve faced is trying to understand why some people die while others live. I am embarrassed to say it, but I’m afraid to die. Whenever the subject comes it, it terrifies me.
The topic appeared again during the holidays as we received some terrible news over the holidays. I can’t count the amount of tears that I have shed since that day and the hours of sleepless nights. I found myself facing death again and being very afraid.
When Chicken Soup for the Soul: Finding My Faith appeared, I felt like it was a moment where I’d received something that I needed to help me cope.
101 Inspirational Stories about Life, Belief, and Spiritual Renewal
Everyone’s faith story is different. People of all faiths share their personal experiences in this inspiring collection of amazing stories about the number of ways people discover, or rediscover, their faith — whether it’s Protestant, Catholic, Jewish, Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu or any other religion. These inspirational and powerful stories will touch the hearts and souls of readers.
In the book, there is one entire section entitled “Finding Faith Through Loss” and another called “Finding Faith Through Fire”. I found the stories in both of these sections comforting and have gone back and reread some of these stories numerous times.
Though it is still difficult at times, I appreciate the stories in Chicken Soup for the Soul: Finding My Faith because they have given me comfort and peace of mind.
Giveaway: Three (3) readers from Canada or the US (excluding Quebec) will each win a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Finding My Faith.
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter the giveaway, tell me why you’d like to win a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Finding My Faith. (1 entry).
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet):): Find hope & comfort. #Win CSS: Finding My Faith – 3 winners! CAN/US http://wp.me/p10r9i-2FK 02/15 @ReviewCorner
- Visit the Chicken Soup for the Soul website and tell me the name of another title you’d like to read! (1 entry)
- follow Chicken Soup for the Soul on Twitter
- ”like” Chicken Soup for the Soul’s Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- pin any of my recipes or weight-loss posts on Pinterest and share the link (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
- add this giveaway to any contest site or linky – share the link with me (1 entry per addition – unlimited entries
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, February 15th, 2013 . Open to residents of Canada and the US (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age. Please note other Terms & Conditions.*