What were you doing in 1993? There are moments when I swear that I’ve forgotten that 20 years have passed since that time! In 1993 I was in university, loving the student life and having fun! The funniest thing is that, even as a “starving student”, I always managed to eat well and I loved Pizza Hut then just as much as I do now!
What else can you remember about 1993? Try your hand at these trivia questions (I’m going to put the answers at the bottom of this post – try not to cheat!)
Question #1: It would take 100 ten dollar Pizza Hut hand-tossed style pizzas to fill the prehistoric bellies of these giant reptiles in what 1993 Spielberg movie?
Question #2: Come As You Are at Pizza Hut! What Grunge band would a Pizza Hut delivery person likely be listening to on the radio in 1993?
Question #3: And the best deal award goes to…Pizza Hut’s hand-tossed style pizzas for just $10! In 1993, who took home the Oscar for best actor for his performance in Philadelphia?
Question #4: For the first time ever, Pizza Hut is offering medium 3 topping hand-tossed style pizzas for just $10! In 1993 another first happened when Canada appointed its first ever female Prime Minister. What was her name?
Question #5: What baseball team did Pizza Hut fans cheer on when they won the 1993 World Series?
Not only did all of these events take place but, in 1993, you could also get a hand-tossed pizza for only $10 — and Pizza Hut is giving you the chance to eat again like it’s 1993!
For a limited time, at all Pizza Hut Delivery and Carry Out locations across Canada, you enjoy a new hand-tossed style pizza at its original price in 1993, — only $10!
I can tell you from first-hand experience that these pizzas are exceptional! The hand-tossed style crust has an awesome texture – from being hand stretched it ends up being soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. Personally, I don’t like pizza whose crust is really thin or too thick, which is what makes the crust on this pizza amazing because it is just the right thickness! I also appreciate the fact that you can choose any toppings that you want! Personally, with a love of certain toppings, choosing to have green peppers, mushrooms and Italian sausage resulted in the perfection combination!
So do you want to eat like it’s 1993?
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win a $50 gift card from Pizza Hut!
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter the giveaway, check out the toppings listed above and tell me what 3 toppings you would get on your hand-tossed style pizza (1 entry).
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): Party like it’s 1993 with $10 pizza! #Win a $50 Pizza Hut gift card! @ReviewCorner @pizzahutcanada http://wp.me/p10r9i-2GV ends 02/22 Canada
- Check out the Pizza Hut menu and give me the name of another item you’d like to try on their menu (1 entry)
- “like” Pizza Hut Canada on Facebook – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- Follow Pizza Hut Canada on Twitter – include your Twitter handle (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your
Facebook name (1 entry)
- “like” this Pizza Hut giveaway post using the Like button (1 entry)
- share this Pizza Hut giveaway post using Share button (1 entry)
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- pin any of my recipes or weight-loss posts on Pinterest and share the link (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
- add this giveaway to any contest site or linky – share the link with me (1 entry per addition – unlimited entries
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, February 22nd, 2013 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age. Please note other Terms & Conditions.*
#1 – Jurassic Park
#2 – Nirvana
#3 – Tom Hanks
#4 – Kim Campbell
#5 – Toronto Blue Jays