Canada’s Inaugural National Cupcake Day for SPCAs & Humane Societies
My parents love their dog as if she is one of their children (and I have to say she gets cooler clothes and more expensive haircuts than I ever got!). And, as I mentioned before, my dad went so far as to make a donation at Christmas on behalf of my parents and their dog!
When I heard about the first-ever National Cupcake Day, I knew that I would be telling my dad! He and my mom love baking and this is the perfect way for them to give back!
National Cupcake Day is set for Monday, February 25th and people are invited to bake their best cupcakes, host a cupcake party, share cupcakes with family, friends and colleagues, and collect donations all in support of the SPCAs and Humane Societies across Canada! This cool event started up in Australia and has now been brought to Canada as a gift to the Ontario SPCA and the British Columbia SPCA.
National Cupcake Day is designed to help raise much needed funds for all fuzzy friends, big and small, that have been abused, abandoned or in need of help.
National Cupcake Day even has its own official recipe for success!
As a Cupcake Day Host, you will be part of an exceptional group of supporters who understand the importance of pets in our lives.
1. Register for FREE at www.nationalcupcakeday.ca
2. You will receive a FREE Cupcake Host Welcome Package in the mail, which includes a poster, sticker, balloons and fundraising guide
3. Personalize your National Cupcake Day Online Bakery and send it out to the world
4. Encourage friends and family to support you by donating online
5. Plan your National Cupcake Day Party for home, work, school or wherever you think people would love to eat your cupcakes
6. Bake, decorate, eat and share delicious cupcakes to raise funds for Canada’s SPCA’s & Humane Societies!
7. Collect and return funds to SPCA’s & Humane Societies in your community (visit www.nationalcupcakeday.ca for a list of who’s participating)
Your cupcakes will help shelters across Canada give a surrendered cat or dog a new forever home, rescue a neglected or abused animal and give them a second chance at a new life, and provide emergency surgery injured animals.
Sweets for a sweet cause — what could be better?