Cooking for my cousin can be a real challenge.
She has Celiac’s Disease.
That’s where the challenge begins for me. As I’ve mentioned before, I’m still working on honing my cooking skills. So, when you add in that I need to make the meal gluten-free, it’s enough to put me in a panic!
Luckily, one of my favourite foods is now gluten-free! Bluewater Fish is now a great option for more Canadians asan estimated 3 million people in Canada are living with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity.
So has the flavour changed? Absolutely not! According to Bluewater, The taste of these savoury grill fillets has remained the same as it always has been, but now procedures have been implemented at the production location to avoid cross-contamination, and there is ongoing monitoring and testing to ensure that our Grill Fillets are gluten free…and BlueWater’s gluten free options include Grill Haddock, Grill Salmon, Grill Tilapia, and Grill Fillets made from flaky, white Alaska Pollock, in a wide range of flavours.
Not only did I now have a variety of products to choose from, but Bluewater also made my life easier by giving me a boatload of recipes (pardon the pun!) from which to choose!
After looking through the vast array of recipes, I decided that we should have Grilled Gluten Free Flatbread!
I’ve tailored the recipe to show you how I made our flatbread — for all suggested options, click on the link above for the original recipe.
1 package BlueWater Garlic & Herb Grill Fillets (2 fillets)
Gluten Free Ready Made Pizza Crust
2 large tomatoes – thinly sliced
1/2 cup Gluten Free Tomato Sauce
Red Onion – thinly sliced
Mushrooms – thinly sliced
Prepare BlueWater’s Garlic & Herb Grill Fillets according to package directions. Cool slightly and break into chunks with a fork.
While fillets are cooking, prepare Pizza Crust Mix for 1 pizza as directed on package.
When pizza crust is ready, coat with tomato sauce followed by la ayer of sliced tomatoes.
Top with layers of mushrooms, red onions and baby spinach.
Sprinkle fish chunks over toppings. Heat at 350 ˚F for 10 minutes or until toppings are heated. Slice and serve.
The result? An incredibly flavourful meal that we could all enjoy!
And BlueWater Seafood isn’t just for those who have to eat gluten-free! I’ve been eating seafood at least twice a week as part of my weight loss and healthier living regime. My favourite BlueWater products are Breaded Sole Fillets and Breaded Cod Fillets. I’ve also just learned about the Snack-On! Shrimp Bites and I can’t wait to try them as well!
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win seafood for a month (including 8 Free Product Coupons and a collapsible tote bag)– a value up to $90!
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter the giveaway, check out the entire line of BlueWater Seafood products and tell me which one is your favourite or which one you’d most like to try (1 entry).
Daily Entries – 1 entry each:
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): BlueWater Seafood is now gluten-free! #Win seafood for a month (worth up to $90!) @ReviewCorner http://wp.me/p10r9i-2Kw ends 03/22
- NEW Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet):Weightloss tips-the Sleep-Eat-Exercise connection can help you lose weight in 2013! http://wp.me/p10r9i-2pr @ReviewCorner #weighloss #fitness
- Check out the range of BlueWater Seafood recipes and tell me which one appeals to you – gluten free or otherwise (other than the recipe mentioned here). (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- NEW “like” this Facebook post (1 entry)
- NEW share this Facebook post using the Share button (1 entry)
- NEW ”like” or share any of my NON-GIVEAWAY posts on Facebook – include your Facebook name and topic of post (1 entry per NEW like or share – unlimited entries)
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- pin any of my recipes or weight-loss posts on Pinterest and share the link (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
- add this giveaway to any contest site or linky – share the link with me (1 entry per addition – unlimited entries
- follow me on StumbleUpon -include your user name (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, March 22nd, 2013 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age. Please note other Terms & Conditions.*