I always thought I was a purist.
Then I traveled to England a few years ago, I discovered a number of things that fascinated me. Funny as it might sound, a lot of my revelations were food related!
The biggest one? In the UK there is an amazing variety of unique flavours of crisps (which is what the Brits like to call their version of potato chips!).
I loved it! I tried so many flavours that I was spoiled — when I came back to Canada I found myself dreaming of cool flavour combinations and wishing they’d make some new chip flavours.
When Lay’s announced their “Do Us A Flavour” contest, I was thrilled! In case you haven’t heard about the contest, the Lay’s brand (who, I have to say, have created some really delicious potato chip flavours over the years!) asking fans to weigh in and share their ideas for the next BIG flavour set to hit store shelves across Canada! What I think is particularly cool is that you don’t have to be a foodie, chef or flavour expert to enter the contest.
If you’re passionate about a flavour, you can enter for a chance to win $50K plus 1% of your flavour’s future sales (after voting period) if crowned as the flavour champion.
How awesome would that be?!?!
Since the contest started on February 3rd, I’ve seem some very cool flavour combinations from my friends streaming through my Facebook feed. A lot of them make me hungry and sound like excellent ideas that could win the “Do Us A Flavour” contest!
And I have to admit, I’d love it if you entered and one of my readers won because of this post (that would be uber-cool!). To enter the Lay’s Do Us a Flavour contest you just have to enter your flavour name, up to three ingredients and your flavour inspiration (in 140 characters) at lays.ca/flavour.
Don’t have a Facebook account? No worries, you can still enter and submit your flavour by texting the word “flavour” to 101010.
(And, if you are a rule follower like me, you can find the full contest rules and details at lays.ca/flavour).
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win the massive Lay’s prize pack pictured above that includes: An assortment of Lay’s potato chips, Lay’s cutting board, Do Us a Flavour Apron, Oil & Vinegar set, Lay’s Flavour shaker, 2 Ramekins, Recipe organizer, Lay’s Potato sack and Do Us a Flavour Spices.
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter the giveaway, tell me what ingredients would be in your Do Us A Flavour combination? (1 entry).
Daily Entries – 1 entry each:
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): Do Yourself a Flavour&enter to
#win a massive Lay’s prizepack @ReviewCorner http://wp.me/p10r9i-2Oc ends 04/19 #giveaway #dousaflavourcanada
- Tweet the following: Who said it best? Check out these #quotes #picturequotes @ReviewCorner https://mylittlereviewcorner.wordpress.com/category/quotes-2
- Visit the Lay’s site and share your favourite flavour of Lay’s chip! (1 entry)
- ”like” Lay’s Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- follow Lay’s on Twitter – include your Twitter handle (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- “like” this Facebook post – include the link (1 entry)
- follow me on Pinterest – include your Pinterest handle (1 entry)
- pin any of my quotes or clothing posts on Pinterest and include the link (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
- add this giveaway to any contest site or linky – share the link with me (1 entry per addition – unlimited entries
- follow me on StumbleUpon –include your user name (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, April 19th, 2013 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age. Please note other Terms & Conditions.*