I was recently talking about ghosts with someone and they asked if I believed in ghosts. I know that others do believe in ghosts but I told them that I didn’t. Then, as I thought about it afterwards, I realized (as weird as might sound) that while I don’t believe in ghosts, I do believe in angels.
Part of my belief in angels stems back to an experience with a friend from university. Both he and I wanted to attend the same post-graduate program and, when he graduated in the year before me, he went off to another university. That fall, unfortunately, his life overwhelmed him and he committed suicide (which broke my heart, thought that is another story). That same fall, things went topsy-turvy with my family and I found I barely had time for school, much less applying for post-graduate programs. At the last minute, I felt a push that I had to apply and I applied at only at two schools who based their acceptances strictly on grades (rather than experience, which I had in spades). I was convinced that I would never be accepted so I was floored when I discovered that I was. And the school? The same one my friend had attended before he committed suicide. I remember the overwhelming feeling that he was looking out for me and wanted me to achieve my goals for us both because he simply hadn’t been able to do it on his own. To this day, I am convinced that he was guiding me and, for that, I am truly grateful.
It is obvious that I am not the only person who believes in angels, as the new Chicken Soup for the Soul:Angels Among Us provides 101 inspirational stories of miracles, faith, and answered prayers.
Celestial, otherworldly, heavenly. Whatever the term, sometimes there is no earthly explanation for what we experience, and a higher power is clearly at work. In this book of 101 inspirational stories, contributors share their personal angel experiences of faith, miracles, and answered prayers. You will be awed and inspired by these true personal stories from people, religious and non-religious, about angel guidance, miraculous intervention, and love from beyond.
Even if you don’t think you are a believer of angels, I dare you to read Chicken Soup for the Soul:Angels Among Us and see if these stories change your perspective!
Giveaway: Three (3) readers from Canada or the US (excluding Quebec) will each win a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Angels Among Us.
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
Mandatory entry: To enter the giveaway, tell me why you’d like to win a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Angels Among Us. (1 entry).
Daily Entries – 1 entry each:
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet):): True stories that defy explanation! #Win @ChickenSoupSoul Angels Among Us – 3 winners! http://wp.me/p10r9i-2PS CAN/US 04/26 @ReviewCorner
- Tweet the following (and include the link to your tweet): Greet Spring with some great #recipe ideas @ReviewCorner https://mylittlereviewcorner.wordpress.com/category/recipes
- Visit the Chicken Soup for the Soul website and tell me the name of another title you’d like to read! (1 entry)
- follow Chicken Soup for the Soul on Twitter
- ”like” Chicken Soup for the Soul’s Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- “like” this Facebook post – include the link(1 entry)
- follow me on Pinterest – include your Pinterest handle (1 entry)
- pin any of my quotes or clothing posts on Pinterest and include the link (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
- add this giveaway to any contest site or linky – share the link with me (1 entry per addition – unlimited entries
- follow me on StumbleUpon –include your user name (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, April 26th, 2013 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age. Please note other Terms & Conditions.*